Lovelace UI released!

sorry, i don’t use a vera so i’m not sure what you can do to fix it from the vera end.

No worries. I’m not sure how it can be fixed from the Vera end to be honest. This is surely something that needs fixing in the Vera HA component?

I’ve been having more of an investigate, and I see I also had Vera devices working previously that were not being named with double underscores - they’re not appearing now either. It looks like the Vera component is no longer bringing through any ‘light’ and ‘switch’ devices for me, regardless of what they’re called in the Vera config. It is still bringing through at least scene and sensor types though. I’m not too familiar with Python but I’ll try to see if I can discern any reason some types have stopped working and not others…

I just tried to setup the history graph, but it looks like this with me.
Not shure or it has to do with Lovelace but installed it after installing Lovelace.
I think I did everything right.

my history_graph.yaml looks like this

1_wire:
#    name: 1-wire temp Graph
    entities:
      - sensor.boiler_top_temperature
  toon:
#    name: Toon stroom gebruik Graph
    entities:
      - sensor.toon_p1_power_prod_low
      - sensor.toon_p1_power_use_cnt_high
  schakelaars:
#    name: Schakelaars Graph
    entities:
      - switch.d2
      - switch.everspring_an157_plugin_appliance_module_switch

my groups.yaml section looks like this

graph_tab:
    view: yes
    name: Grafieken
    entities:
      - group.1_wire_graph
      - group.toon_graph
      - group.schakelaars_graph

and

1_wire_graph:
    name: 1 wire grafiek
    entities:
      - history_graph.1_wire

toon_graph:
    name: Stroommeting grafiek
    entities:
      - history_graph.toon

schakelaars_graph:
    name: Schakelaars grafiek
    entities:
      - history_graph.schakelaars

I would change the name of the 1_wire… stuff to something else just to ease problems elsewhere. Change it to something like “one_wire…”

Is it possible to implement multiple Lovelace instances for end users? for example I want a desktop Lovelace and a tablet Lovelace which will show content depending on how I access.

Yes there is a custom component to do just that

1 Like

Ever since upgrading this morning I get an for many entity Id… I believe it’s because they have two _ _ ‘s in their name. I’m not even sure to to fix them, some are from my Nest thermostat!

Isn’t this just to change the header? What about the actual entities?

If we were using the beta version of Lovelace previously, do we have to completely reconfigure the ui?? After upgrading, mine is a mess. It looks like the old states UI, but with the option to edit the interface

Mines a mess to and things are broken. So not cool.

You can go to the about page And change the default for the Interface from Lovelace back to the standard so that’s at least something for now.

Well this is strange. After editing all the devices in Vera to ensure none would come through with problematic names, this still didn’t fix the issue for me. I reverted to 0.85.1 so I could get a list of all the missing device IDs, and then returned to 0.86.3. Lo and behold, all the devices are now coming through!

Looking good, thanks, with just a couple of minor issues due to some changes to the backend system. Firstly had to remove any double underscores (used in time_date - https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/20433), and secondly change “platform: time” to “platform: time_pattern” where I had a timer for a set number of minutes rather than a specific time (hint - also check /packages if you use that). Now I need to work out how to best take advantage of the new UI!

Upgrade to 0.86.3 went smoothly and have changed over to Lovelace without much problem.
One issue I did come across, is using Entity Card for Remote.

cards:
  - type: entities
    title: Remote Control
    show_header_toggle: false
    entities:
      - remote.sharptv 

I don’t get a toggle button/switch for this entity. In its place it shows the state (on or off).

After upgrade my Hass looks exactly the same, no lovelace gui. I have done what you SUGGESTED and no lovelave gui still. Yes I have cleared cache, removed Lovelace from config.yaml and also run incognito.

How do you know it’s not Lovelace?

The idea is that when you upgrade it converts your old layout to Lovelace…it’s the default.

So how are you sure it’s not Lovelace?

I did a fresh install of HASSIO and the UI looks like previous. Or am I supposed to create ui-lovelace.yaml because I don’t have it?

Yeah. That’s the point.

Nope.

Have you looked at the three dots menu on the right hand side of the screen? Clicked on CONFIGURE UI?

I see it and I want HA to manage my UI so I clicked “Never mind”.

Which means you are using Lovelace in auto-generated mode!