Lovelace UI released!

So remove the line in your configuration.yaml that tells lovelace to use yaml mode?

Thanks that worked :slight_smile:

If you start customizing HA using the Lovelace GUI editor, there is a warning that Lovelace will stop automatically managing the UI.

If you have customized the Lovelace UI, is there a way to remove your customizations and return to the Lovelace default gui.

I have a quite a bad time with Home Assistant 0.86.1 (used non lovelace version before)

I cannot find any of my old automations, groups, hue lights etc:

Please check your config., notification_id=invalid_config>
2019-01-24 19:16:44 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=persistent_notification.invalid_config, old_state=<state persistent_notification.invalid_config=notifying; title=Invalid config, message=The following components and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config. @ 2019-01-24T20:16:33.711503+01:00>, new_state=<state persistent_notification.invalid_config=notifying; title=Invalid config, message=The following components and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config. @ 2019-01-24T20:16:33.711503+01:00>>

You have a configuration error. Did you read the breaking changes in the release notes? Did you dig through the log file to find out where it’s actually broken?

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. Says the config of my group, light, automation and switches is wrong.

Having to revert to 0.85 till this is sorted!

And yes I have checked the breaking changes and none of it applies to me.

Just updated to 0.86.1 and I still see the standard UI. I had assumed that it would set Lovelace as the new UI after update. Should it happen automatically or do I need to select Lovelace as the default on the developer information page?

Just updated to 0.86.1 and when I change to take the control… The browser says me: “Saving failed: Not supported”
why?

Hey buddy.

I did the following:
Removed all å ä ö chars from my automation (make sure you got nothing else than azAZ09 as name for automations.

Mqttjson is now mqtt (lights)
Remove all views from groups yaml

Also,
Another noteworthy breaking change (sorry!), is that the automation time trigger has been split into two: time and time_pattern . If you had a time trigger containing the keys hours , minutes or seconds , update the platform from time to time_pattern .

Also had some minor stuff like having to remove hue and re-add it!
After that, all works.

I make all my changes in a test rig, and then transfer the changes to my real system via git.

It looks like the file .storage/lovelace stores the configuration. Is it safe to transfer that file via git? Are there other files I need to add?

Have I missed something? What are those temperature cards with smooth history graphs?

Actually 99% likely it does and you have missed some breaking changes. The log will give you clues/reasons.

Thanks @slivrr, greatly appreciated!

“glad” I am not the only one. All my light entities and cover entities are gone. Non existing anymore. That means tomorrow morning all the window covers will stay down… I was using Lovelace already, just not as default interface and it worked fine then.
It must be light and cover related, because I also have a Zwave power meter and that shows up without issues.

The log shows all sorts of things:
Setup failed for light: Could not set up all dependencies.
Unable to set up dependencies of switch. Setup failed for dependencies: group
Unable to set up dependencies of lock. Setup failed for dependencies: group (I don’t use lock)
Setup failed for fan: Could not set up all dependencies. (I don’t use fan)
Setup failed for cover: Could not set up all dependencies.
Etc…

When I removed «Group: !include group.ymal» from my configuration.ymal and removed group enteties from the Record.ymal, my error list went away.

1 Like

That fixed it for me too, emptied out the group.yaml file because I saw group returning all the time in the errors and rebooted Home Assistant and all entities are returning to normal. Must have overlooked something in the changelog or breaking changes before upgrading.

If it’s in group.yaml it will be an entity_id change you missed.

Anyone else having issues with automation no longer triggering?

If the entity ID has changed, they will have to be turned on again as they are not able to restore state.