Lovelace UI Weather Forecast

Hi,
Currently using Yahoo Weather as a group to produce a 7 day forecast, using a number of templates to produce the desired output.

I want to try the Lovelace UI weather but i cannot work out what my weather domain would be?
From github documents:

• type: weather-forecast
    entity: weather.demo_weather_north

in configuration i use:

platform: yweather
forecast: 1
etc..

How do i build this domain to populate this new card?
Many thanks

1 Like

That’s my config:

- type: weather-forecast
    entity: weather.yweather

and it looks like this in lovelace:

Of course you should enable it in configuration.yaml:

# Weather YWeather
weather:
  - platform: yweather
1 Like

Perfect thank you,
i was using seperate sensors (and then templates) to build it up myself previously to pull out the information that this card can show.
Much easier this way!

Hello

I want to find out about lovelace. I have got it configured using the example, however I was wondering when you open the lovelace page for your HA, and when you click on home, it takes you back to the states page and not lovelace.

So my question; is lovelace a replacement of the states page (i.e. home) or it is just an additional page which can be also used as a dashboard? The way its been talked about in the forums etc seems like a replacement of the states page.

Thanks.

It is a UI that allows you to configure the entire UI in its own yaml. I think it’s awesome being able to make changes on the fly and refresh the page without needing to restart. It took me just over an hour to recreate my UI which would take several hours to do the old way. Let alone all the custom cards

1 Like

Right could you please share your ui? Maybe some screenshots? And your config?

Thanks.

i would also appreciate some screenshots and config :slight_smile:

I will be updating my github tomorrow with my config for Lovelace it’s late here now.

1 Like

@bachoo786 github updated with lovelace UI config.

@0rn0lf screenshots uploaded

2 Likes

HOLY @#$@!

Mate - that’s awesome! I have so many parallels with your gear - know I know where to steal code from!

I can’t see any mention of Air conditioning in your github description page…

Brendan
(Central Coast NSW)

1 Like

Yeah you’re right I don’t have any mention of it I run it just off broadlink IR and as its either bloody hot or mildly cool here I just turn aircon on when its hot, on full boar with alexa I don’t use the temperature for controlling its operation as its pretty expensive to run so I wait till mid summer to run it.

You can find my air conditioner config in the packages/climate_control.yaml

If you would like to set lovelace as your default it can be done.
[https://gist.github.com/ciotlosm/9508388876edf92c4c1f3579e740fbd5]

However i am currently running normal view via computer/tablet and accessing just lovelace via Phone (mostly using new glances cards)

1 Like

How can I change language of weather information?

Is anyone using a weather service for this besides Yahoo weather? I’m using ecobee currently but I don’t get the forecast icons. I’d like to use weather underground but it doesn’t show as a “weather” domain, just individual sensors.

@brad999 Instead of using the sensor component you need to have it added under the weather component

Thanks for the link. The problem is that WeatherUnderground isn’t a weather component, only sensors. Although I wish it was so I didn’t have to add another component and API key.

I’m currently using the ecobee weather platform for this but it doesn’t display icons. Was checking to see what other people were using that worked with icons.

Weather Underground seems to have died for me altogether; they stopped handing out free API keys a while back, and as far as I can tell it’s dead now. I’ve switched over to Dark Sky…actually I like it better.

Question: If I use the weather component, can I still break out current conditions as sensors? I love the wx card up there, but I also use the current temperature from Dark Sky as an input for my HVAC automation script. I’d really like to be able to use both if possible.

I have updated my config/repo for climate control :wink:

Darksky will work with icons

You definitely can, you need to mae sure you have all the sensors you would like to use under the dark sky weather component as monitored conditions.

sensor:

# Dark Sky Weather
  - platform: darksky
    api_key: !secret darksky_api
    update_interval: '00:05:00'
    name: Weather
    monitored_conditions:
      - summary
#      - icon
#      - nearest_storm_distance
#      - nearest_storm_bearing
#      - precip_type
      - precip_intensity
#      - precip_probability
      - temperature
#      - apparent_temperature
#      - dew_point
#      - wind_speed
#      - wind_bearing
#      - cloud_cover
      - humidity
#      - pressure
      - visibility
#      - ozone
#      - minutely_summary
      - hourly_summary
      - daily_summary
      - temperature_max
      - temperature_min
#      - apparent_temperature_max
#      - apparent_temperature_min
#      - precip_intensity_max 

then you can use those sensor states in other places by using

- sensor.weather_temperature

so replace your WU input state with the above and you should be good to go with your automation.