Lovelace: Upcoming Media Card

By using the name: option in your configuration.yaml you’ve renamed your sensors. So they are no longer named sensor.plex_recently_added and there are 2 of them (one for movies and one for shows):

- type: custom:upcoming-media-card
        entity: sensor.derniers_films
        title: Plex Films
        image_style: fanart
        hide_empty: true
        all_shadows: off
        date: ddmm
      - type: custom:upcoming-media-card
        entity: sensor.derniers_épisodes
        title: Plex Épisodes
        image_style: fanart
        hide_empty: true
        all_shadows: off
        date: ddmm

I’m not sure how home assistant handles special characters like é so that sensor might be named differently. To see all of your current entities go to “Developer Tools” in your sidebar and hit “States” at the top, both of the plex sensors will be listed there.

Thanks !
Works perfectly !
Accents are removed so the sensor name is

sensor.derniers_episodes

Is it possible to use it for music to show new albums added into Plex ?

I was just wondering whether anyone had managed to create buttons off this card so that recently added shows could be played using the card, ie press one of the images and it starts playing it on a tv.

Its a great looking card that works well but for me i’d love to then be able to do things with the card rather than just view its information

I get 192.168.1.6 cant be reached, have verified everything is correct, is it because HA is on a VM in docker, so its on a different subnet?

Using sonarr. 192.168.1.6 is the static ip, with port 38081, so i know its correct

i get

192.168.1.6 cannot be reached

as state

If your HA is on a different subnet that 192.168.1.0/24 then yes you will need to setup a route so HA can get to that subnet.

Why is the VM on a different subnet? All my VM’s are on the same subnet (different IP addres of course) If it’s not on your main subnet, how can you even access the frontend?

I cannot get this working as an Emby card. I added the correct details in configuration and when I add it to the configuration, HA doesn’t even want to restart. It’s very weird. All the files are placed in custom_components/emby_upcoming_media.

When I remove the config, HA restarts just fine. It’s very weird and has me baffled which is why I came here after an hour of trial and error.

Strange thing is the Sonarr card is working just fine but the Emby configuration seems to make HA very upset for some reason. Any ideas?

I can’t get it working either. I had the same issue, but found out I hadn’t set the components properly. I could restart everything fine eventually, but the Emby sensor don’t show up after restaring. I have restarted about 6 (edit: 12) times now. I also checked for the API call to make sure I used the user_id (and not the user name) as mentioned here: https://github.com/gcorgnet/sensor.emby_upcoming_media/issues/3

It doesn’t work sadly. Added below code to my configuration.yaml and the folder and files to the custom_components folder.

sensor:
  - platform: emby_upcoming_media
    api_key: API
    user_id: USER_ID
    host: MY_IP
    port: 8096
    ssl: false
    max: 5

1 Like

I wonder if it’s conflicting with something else?

It’s very strange, since Sonarr does work (first try).

Different API’s & different components. I created Sonarr’s component for the card, but not Emby’s. I also do not use Emby, so I wouldn’t be much help. It’s probably worth posting an issue on the Emby component’s GitHub.

@Matt_Barnes

This card needs a rewrite badly and that is a feature I’d love to add, unfortunately I just don’t have the time to work on this one right now. There is already a feature request for this on Github.

@henrikrox

Read through the troubleshooting guide linked in the first post.

I can’t get this to work. My sonarr sensor attributes are fine. All I get is a white screen on the whole page that this is on.

Raw config is as follows:

resources:
    url: /local/custom-lovelace/upcoming-media-card/upcoming-media-card.js?v=0.1.1
  - type: js

and under the cards

type: 'custom:upcoming-media-card' 
entity: sensor.sonarr_upcoming
image_style: poster
title: Upcoming TV Shows

Any idea how to fix this?

Your resources is not valid yaml, change it to this:

resources:
  - url: /local/custom-lovelace/upcoming-media-card/upcoming-media-card.js?v=0.1.1
    type: js

@fahr Actually, either way would work.

@damjam Make sure the indenting below cards: is correct (should look something like the example below) and the sensor name is sensor.sonarr_upcoming_media not sensor.sonarr_upcoming:

cards:
    - type: 'custom:upcoming-media-card' 
      entity: sensor.sonarr_upcoming_media
      image_style: poster
      title: Upcoming TV Shows

sensor.sonarr_upcoming is the default HA sonarr sensor and doesn’t work for this card. Make sure you install the components needed for this card, linked in the first post and the readme.

Ah @mayker I think this may be the problem. Thanks for your quick reply. I will check that.

I’ve been having the same issue. Followed the instructions exactly. Once I add a Sonarr or Radarr sensor to the config yaml and check the config in Hass, it will just spin forever. If I reboot Hass, it never comes back until I remove that sensor and reboot again.

1 Like

What are you putting for the sensor configuration?

sensor:
  - platform: sonarr_upcoming_media
    api_key:API_KEY
    host: IP_ADDR
    port: 8989
    days: 3
    ssl: false
    max: 10