Lovelace: Upcoming Media Card

Updates:

Sorry, been MIA for a bit.

Upcoming Media Card

• Added ability to accept sensor data as an object (instead of just a JSON string) so that it can be used in templates, template sensors, etc. The only component to take advantage of this ATM is Plex, but I will be updating Radarr and Sonarr with the same ability and will try to add PR’s for the components that I didn’t write.

• Now uses full HA URL for components that download images (Plex) so that using this card with the casting feature should work well now.

Plex Recently Added

• Sensor data is now an object that can be used in templates, etc.

• Thanks to @RomRider you can now select image resolution sizes. This pairs nicely with the addition above if you wanted to use the images in some creative ways.

• Fixed issue with missing images when using multiple sensors.

Sonarr

• The Sonarr API (and Radarr API) have changed slightly and required an update to make sure the correct images were being selected. Haven’t added this to Radarr yet, but it should be there soon.

I’ve noticed that if the item doesnt have a poster image that the item is not included - is it possible to include them?

Someone can help me understanding why is not loading ?
The sensor seems working , but the card is not showing up
thanks

Looks like you haven’t loaded the custom resource for it.

i don’t know how to load it , usually hacs and ha do
nevermind , was the syntax of the card…

thanks

Is possible to display only the year for dates? Tried to do it for plex but not luck so far

Thanks!

Great plugin! I’ve installed this card with the sonarr sensor as well as the radarr sensor. The sonarr sensor is working flawless but I can’t get the radarr sensor working. I use HACS to install the items. After restarting HA the sonarr sensor is active (and I’m already using it in the upcoming media card) but the radarr sensor is nowhere to be found when I check in developer tools -> states. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin with HACS as well as manually in the terminal but to no result, the sensor doesn’t seem to start. Entering the radarr sensor code in config.yaml results in a constantly spinning wheel in configuration validation (not surprisingly as the sensor is not active). I’ve checked the log but no errors to be found regarding this sensor, no mention at all about this sensor in the logging. Anyone else experiencing this with the radarr sensor? Any hints on what else I can do to try and solve this?

You need the Home Assistant Radars sensor as well as the custom one I think. Mine is working.

You don’t need the HA Radarr sensor setup to use this one, but if you are unable to get that one working as well it’s a good indication that the problem lies elsewhere. What does your config for this Radarr sensor look like and does the default HA Radarr sensor work for you?

Be sure to check out the troubleshooting docs

Thanks for both of your help, I really appreciate it. Got it working now. Installing the Home Assistant Radarr sensor didn’t help other than seeing that that one works correctly. So it had to be something within the Home Assistant environment. In a last desperate attempt I completely rebuild my config.yaml from scratch and that did the trick and got it working at last. Although I can’t see any difference between both configs there probably was some hidden character or something that messed things up. Anyhow, it’s working now and I’m very happy with it. Great plugin!

I switched to my sonarr yaml setup to the setup via the integrations page and now the lovelace card does not show any items anymore.

Half the Sonarr entities in the integration are disabled by default and one has been renamed. Check the integration and enable them and adjust your lovelace for the renamed one. This should not affect this card which doesn’t use the new integration. (And should still be in yaml)

1 Like

Any reason why my images would have stopped showing? They do not work on fanart or poster. The did until recently do not think I have changed anything for a while

looks like I cannot see the jpegs browsing to them either:

https://XXX.duckdns.org/api/hassio_ingress/mulr8K_I1lsGjEX8Aqx1cwg7jRwVlio1-NkNm6bS810/api/file?filename=/config/www/upcoming-media-card-images/plex/Plex_Recently_Added/p30823.jpg

just shows this:

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

I have the same issue from time to time

@Matt_Barnes & @Oligarch

What does your config for the Plex Component look like?

I have Kodi component.
The issue only occurs in the Android App

I didn’t make the Kodi component so I can’t really speak to your specific issue, but on that components github there are a couple of issues that might interest you. Especially the one mentioning images only working on the local network. Also, make sure that you whitelist your HA page in your ad blocker. Sometimes they can be a bit aggressive and will block any URL with “banner”, etc. in them.

Hello guys, how can I reach this kind of view?

I mean: the poster alligned in that way without spacing. Currently mine is this:

Pic

This is my code:
          - entity: sensor.film_recenti
            style:
              left: 84%
              top: 25%
              width: 18%
            date: ddmm
            max: 4
            image_style: fanart
            title: Film Recenti
            type: 'custom:upcoming-media-card'