Lovelace wont show mdi icons on load

None unfotunately

I have a problem with only some mdi icons showing. The configuration is edited by the Raw configuration editor.

Cleared cache, etc. This has been going on for several HA releases in my case.

The icons in question may not be built into home assistant. Icons on the material design website are always a few months ahead of what is available in home assistant.

Iā€™ll be patient. However, the two times it happened the situation had the following pattern (with different icons):

First, use an icon like 'mdi:fan", then subsequently tried to use ā€œmid:fan-speed-1ā€ 'mdi:fan-speed-2" and ā€œmdi:fan-speed-3ā€ - the last three failed.

Yep, those arenā€™t in the build.

Wow, thank you very much for checking.

Where did you find this info?

Are all mdi icons incorporated (with some lag) or is it by PR?

Thank you again!

If you go into the Customization section in the UI and try to override an icon, thereā€™s a text box with a preview. If you fill out the name perfectly from the material design icon website and it doesnā€™t load a preview, itā€™s not loaded into HomeAssistant.

EDIT: to further prove, the icon was added may 7th. Just over a month ago. It wonā€™t be in home assistant for a few more months. Usually 2-3ish.

Found it, thank you for the nice pointer !!!

Petro,

I noticed that I can also browse the icons in the VIsual Studio Code editor. The ā€œmissingā€ icons does show thereā€¦???

In the photo below you can see where I typed in the ā€œmdi:speaker-multipleā€ string, how itā€™s recognized to the right of that, after I click save itā€™s recognized at the top of the screen where Iā€™m editing my view, but itā€™s not recognize on the far left menu or in my mobile app. I had this set up before and it was working but now itā€™s not and I canā€™t seem to figure out why. Any ideas?

What did you mean by ā€œremoved manual lovelace fileā€? I have the EXACT same problem as you did: icon does not show on 1st view, but if I go to another lovelace page and come back, then the icon shows (and itā€™s a simple icon (ā€œlampsā€))

It was a year since i had to touch this installation and unfortunately cant remember exactly what this filƩ is called but i think its the file defining how the interface is arranged. But i think that there might have also been som changes to how these things are handled.

Iā€™ve got the same issue. Icons show in an ā€œentitiesā€ card, but not the ā€œlightā€ card. if I goto another tab on that dashboard and back, the icons show. Iā€™ve tried most everything in this thread.

Iā€™ve seen many others with this same issue (some icons are present, but others are not). In my case itā€™s always the light card, and seems to be isolated to Safari. Oddly, if icons are not showing on a dashboard, I can move that browser window to my 2nd monitor, and they appear. On that 2nd monitor though, if I go to a different dashboard and then return, the icons are missing again (and if I move the window back to the 1st monitor, the icons reappear. Until I go to another dashboard and returnā€¦)

I finally fixed my disappearing icons in safari by using Thomas Lovenā€™s layout-card on top - works great!