Lovely youtube guide migrating from RPi -> Proxmox

Good morning all,

First off, mods, please let me know if this kind of post isn’t allowed - I’ll remove it with no issues.

I found a fantastic Youtube guide for switching to Proxmox VM from a Raspberry Pi - very nicely done, with a non-annoying voice (personal preference, YMMV).

Here is the link, give it a go…

Was able to get started with ALMOST everything (he omitted how to pass through USB devices but that’s easily seen here).

Good luck, performance even on an ancient 4-series i5 is tons better than on the Pi… which can now be repurposed as my Klipper box for the 3d printer! :supervillain:

Hi Alex, this might help someone, don’t know how the mods make of it.

One of our valued HA users (@tteck) has created very useful scripts to install all kind of stuff on Proxmox
and also for different HA versions: they reside under https://tteck.github.io/Proxmox
With those, you install HA in a blink of an eye and if you have a backup, you can simply use that during onboarding in HA to move your current config onto the new setup.

2 Likes

In fact, the Youtube guide uses one of @tteck’s scripts for HA installation! :grin:

Very helpful for posterity, you’re quite right, and thanks for adding that - the more info the better!