Low battery level detection & notification for all battery sensors

@Sbyx unfortunately your BP is not working for me
for some reason the variable sensors is returning empty
but if i Run you if/forloop in the template debug I can get a result
see below

I had to remore the exclude part just for sake of testing

How did you fix it? Are you able to share your update Blueprint code?

I too seem to get a empty list when of sensors and due to this, the Blueprint isn’t working as expected.

If you are referring to me I did not fix or found a fix yet,

I noticed that I had not seen a battery notification for a week or so. I saw the previous note about exclusions being a problem. I had my iphone devices excluded, I removed them and it started working. I went back and added my iphone batteries identitys as exclusions and it kept on working.

I do not have any excluded device, my list is just empty for now im using a fork that someone did from this one, if i not wrong the fork is on post in this page

Just tried this and it worked perfectly for me thanks for sharing!!

When I test this, the {{sensors}} do not get replaced by the entity names in the notification. It returns empty. What am I doing wrong? Trying with high threshold of 80 and I know some of my BT thermometers and Zigbee devices are lower than that. Thanks.

If you’re using the ‘Run Actions’ option in the Automation configuration then it doesn’t have any sensors to work with so it’s going to be empty. If you want to really test if it’s working, then set your threshold to something high and your ‘Time to test on’ a few minutes in the future and just wait.

The changes for Ring devices are not needed anymore as the latest ring-mqtt update changes the entities to what they should be.

That means you can revert to the original blueprint and the devices would be picked up correct.

@calisro You might want to change this if you are still using Ring products.

1 Like

I have some thermostats on rf protocol that only reports the state “ok” or “low”.
Any way to get these “sensor.kitchen_thermostat_battery_level” to report in this blueprint when the state go from “ok” to “low”?

Hello Guys,

can someone tell me why the friendly name is not displayed in the Telegram, although it is stated in the Costimaze

Thank You

This is working great for some devices but not for my thermostatic radiator valves.

Is there any way to add support for these “battery_low” binary_sensors like below?

Would appreciate any help on this, thanks.

I have some battery powered devices that aren’t getting included. For some of my devices, the device_class for them is ‘temperature’ and ‘battery_level’ is one of the attributes, so they aren’t getting picked up. It is working great for everything else, though!

Awesome! Thanks for this one! :smiley:

Hello, can you also specify the volts there from when the warning should be issued?
Bellies that for Homematic devices.
thanks
Boy Stefan

1 Like

Hi all - first post so be gentle.
Firstly many thanks for a really useful blueprint.
How do I write the notification section to only send the notification if {{sensors}} is not blank?
As it is u get a notification each time the script runs, whether there is anything to notify or not.

Apologies for the simplicity of the question!

Brilliant - thanks for this! This is the first blueprint I’ve used, have set it up to send me notifications via twitter, and it works a treat.

Were you trying to test the blueprint and hitting the run actions button? If so, it’s not going to do what you expect.

This blueprint runs once a day for me at 10:00 and it only ever sends an alert for batteries that are below my set threshold. If nothing is below it, I don’t get an alert.

Yes I just realised this - I haven’t had any alerts since I posted that. Thanks all!