đŸȘ« Low Battery Notifications & Actions

Hello,

I probably miss something but spook tell me that service todo.add_item doesn t exist when I save your bleuprint even if I disable the todo action.

My fault, I’m all for it. However, why am I missing these for example?
Magnet chodba vpravo, magnet chodba botnik vpravo, 

My mistake for the second time. I thought that as part of the notification settings on a given day and time, all devices would show up. Only now did I understand that only those devices that have a value lower than the set value will be displayed. So everything is fine.

1 Like

@maniakum

I don’t use Spook but this is what @andyblac had to say about it.

So you have 2 options.

Option 1 - Understand why spook is reporting this and know it is not a problem with the blueprint and live with it.

Option 2 (Recommend) - Install the To-Do integration. It is a Home Assistant integration so it will be fully supported by Home Assistant it is just an option to install. To install it go to Settings > Device & Services > + Add Integration > search for To-Do and install it. It is a really nice feature to have as you can easily add your batteries to your to-do list.

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like

or Option 3 - just click on the dismiss button, and it will ignore that warning for the automation, until Spook is updated, or the automation is changed.

ie the blueprint gets updated.

FAQ - Blueprint Battery Notifications Issues

Why are unknown / unavailable batteries showing up in my notifications?

1. Understanding Battery Notifications:

The automation reports battery levels for devices that Home Assistant detects. It provides information based on what is currently in your system, without fabricating data. If you see a device’s battery status as “unavailable,” it indicates that Home Assistant cannot currently access the battery information for that device. If you’re unsure what a particular battery entity is, you can search for it in Home Assistant to identify the device it belongs to.

2. How to Find and Filter Battery Entities:

To identify and filter battery entities:

• Open Home Assistant and Navigate to Entities:

• Launch your Home Assistant interface.
    • Go to Settings > Devices & Services > Entities tab.
  • Filter Battery Entities:

• Use the search bar and type battery or the name shown in the notification. This will list entities containing “battery” in their name or matching the specific name from the notification.
  • Identify and Resolve Battery Entities:

• Review the filtered list to identify the battery entities. If you searched by name, verify the specific entity. Determine if it is from an active device or if it’s an old entity left behind:

• For active devices, ensure they are connected and within range.

• For old entities, consider removing them from Home Assistant.

3. Why Do Some Batteries Appear as ‘Unavailable’?

When a battery entity shows as “unavailable,” it indicates that Home Assistant recognizes this entity (it has been seen before) but is unable to retrieve data from that device. Possible reasons include:

• The device may be offline or out of range.
  • There could be communication issues between the device and Home Assistant.
  • The device’s battery sensor might be malfunctioning.
  • The battery might be flat and undetectable by Home Assistant.
  • The device could be asleep to save battery, preventing communication.

To address this, make sure your devices are connected and within range, and check for any communication issues that might prevent Home Assistant from accessing the battery information.

Closing Note:

We hope this helps you understand and resolve why your notifications may be showing unknown or unavailable battery entities. If you have further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out!

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Back to FAQ: Click Here

Sorry probably a very stupid question. I have been running this blueprint v2.3 and now would like to update it. How do you do that without losing previous settings? Tried to read the FAQ but could not find it.

Just discovered this
 very cool

Thank you

@Tuxforce

That is a good question
 You have 3 ways to do this.

1. The easiest way it to just push the blue button at the top of this post again and it will update it without losing previous settings. In the BP automation at the top there is a link back to this topic where you can check if there is an update. You can read the notes on the update and see if there is anything required to do and if your happy then press the blue button and follow the steps.

2. In the blueprints area in home assistant, each blueprint has 3 dots on the right, click on it and select Re-import blueprint.

3. Edit in YAML, but that is a more advance way
 I show this way in my sensor light blueprint FAQ with a step by step guide. If your interested then have a look there.

1 Like

@Joe68

Your welcome, glad you like it.

I guess the question is stupid, but how do you update a blueprint? I have version 1.9 installed, how can I update it to the latest?

Hi Martin,

I think this is what you are looking for:
Using automation blueprints - Home Assistant.

(Also, there are no stupid questions)

1 Like

@array81

You can follow the link @Sir_Goodenough provided or you can just click the Import Blueprint To blue button at the top again of the post and follow the instructions.

is it possbile to implement following: i wanna only check batterys from one other integration, i manage all batterys via “battery notes” it would be nice when i can add only these integration to check or exclude, currently i have alls batterys doubled :slight_smile:

@stephanschleichstr13

I heard that battery notes makes 2 entities for every battery. The only thing I can think you can do is use the Battery Sensors - Custom Group and add all your entities you would like to track (just one of them). Then just select to use in Sensor Selection option Use Battery Sensors - Custom Group. Now just your selected entities in your custom group will be reported.

1 Like

Nice, but
 I like the idea with the “@ X%”, unfortunately it makes zero sense in German. That is the other thing. Having no way to customize the messages, this nice piece of software ist useless outside the english speaking nations. Basically I think, most people want to customize the messages.

@RobertoCravallo

Hi Roberto

Thanks for the info. If you would like to change it to anything you like you use the custom actions. I have a FAQ on how to do that click here. Read through that topic and take note of point 8 and 9. If you get stuck then just let us know.

Hey,

Nice automation! Works like a charm. One question though. How can I change the title in HA notification? It is malformed, I tried renaming it in all the places I could find, but it still looks like this:

@MicNeo

Thanks for your input. Yes the icon is hard coded, I will look at making it an option. If you are also looking to change the words you will find it in easy notify, title.

1 Like

Hi Blacky,
thank you very much for this blueprint. I configured it with a time trigger and the notification to my iPhone and it works as a charm! - Really GREAT!

Now I would like to configure the action buttons / tasks in the To-Do list, too, because I want to use this To-Do List entry as a badget in my Homescreen, then.

But I’m struggeling at this point.
Here are some informations about my config:
Homeassistant at the latest Version (2024.8.2)
Low Battery Notifications blueprint Ver: 2.5
Local To-Do integration is installed and I created an empty Task (named Battery i.e.)
then I tried to configure the action buttons:

• entered the To-Do List selection
    but nothing happens when I choose “Add To-Do List Action Buttons”

Maybe you can help me with the configuration or give me a hint what’s going wrong with my steps, please?
Or is there perhaps a HowTo or FAQ for this topic, which unfortunately I have not found so far?
Maybe there’s another way to get the notification as a badget / info only to my homescreen when there’s something to do/change (i.e. Battery replacement)?

Kind regards and many thanks for this blueprint and your help in advance,
Ralph