🪫 Low Battery Notifications & Actions

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

GitHub Link Click Here

:rocket: Stay Charged, Stay Smart! Let’s automate and take charge of your battery maintenance!:battery::zap:

Like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button below :+1:

Version: 2.1 :fire:

Need help? :eyes: See our FAQ: Click Here

:newspaper: The Automation Process:

• Trigger Options:

• Button Helper: Press a button in the user interface (UI) to check battery levels.
    • Time & Day: Automatically periodically checks battery levels on any given time and day.
  • Battery Sensors:

• Automatically detects all battery sensors used in Home Assistant.
    • Set a battery low warning percentage to identify all batteries below this level.
    • Detects ‘Low’ and unavailable batteries.
    • Excludes specific battery sensors from notifications.
    • Create a custom group of battery sensors with its own independent low battery warning percentage.
  • Notification Options:

• Opt to send messages to one or multiple devices.
    • Opt to display your notifications directly within the Home Assistant user interface (UI).
    • Choose which battery sensors to use, and then select their states from one of three preset messages:
      • Low battery sensors + Battery level % + Unavailable sensors.
      • Low battery sensors + Battery level %.
      • Unavailable sensors.
    • Opt to receive a confirmation message if all batteries are okay.
    • Opt to use action buttons in your device notification that allows you to add your low batteries to a To-Do list.
    • Compatible with Apple iOS and Android devices.
  • Custom Actions:

• Customize actions to suit your preferences and needs, enhancing the automations functionality.
    • Utilize 10 custom predetermined battery sensors within the blueprint for more tailored and precise actions.
    • Configure custom actions to include features like customizing notifications or playing announcements on platforms like The Voice (HA), Google, Alexa, TTS, etc.
  • Custom Conditions:

• Enter any custom conditions to further customize the automation process.

:rocket: CHANGELOG

• Version: 2.1 - 18 March-24 - Added UI notification option.
  • Version: 2.0 - 16 March-24 - Fixed a bug in To-Do.
  • Version: 1.9 - 17 Feb-24 - Fixed a bug when using some batteries that report low.
  • Version: 1.8 - 1 Feb-24 - Fixed a bug when using action buttons - please update without delay.
  • Version: 1.7 - 30 Jan-24 - Added To-Do List Action Buttons to easy notify.
  • Version: 1.6 - 28 Dec-23 - Added battery low warning level for custom group & new sensor selection in easy notify.
  • Version: 1.5 - 21 Dec-23 - Fixed a bug when battery was low stopping the automation.
  • Version: 1.4 - 15 Dec-23 - Added battery sensors - custom group.
  • Version: 1.3 - 11 Dec-23 - Initial release

:shield: MY OTHER BLUEPRINTS

:bulb: Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time
:infinity: Sensor Light Add On - Media & Movie Lights - House Alarm Lights - Smoke Alarm Lights & Exhaust Fans + More
:shower: Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan
:vibration_mode: Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC
:calendar: Calendar Notifications & Actions
:round_pushpin: State Notifications & Actions
:toilet: Toilet Exhaust Fan with time delay
:hourglass_flowing_sand: Entity - Run ON Timer
:stopwatch: Trigger - Run ON Timer
:gear: Turn Light, Switch or Scene On & Off with Trigger Conditions
:magic_wand: Manual light control with auto OFF
:door: Closet, Pantry, and Cupboard Lighting
:timer_clock: Timer
:thermometer: Temperature Control Exhaust Fan
:snowflake: Temperature Control Exhaust Fan - Inverted
:eight_spoked_asterisk: Toggle Switch - Turn ON & OFF Entities
:nazar_amulet: Press Button - Turn ON & OFF Entities
:on: Switch - Turn ON & OFF Entities

Like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button below :+1:

50 Likes

FAQ

Q: How do I create a button helper?

A: For more information please Click Here

Q: How do I use the sensors in custom actions?

Q. How can I change the reported battery name in a message?

Q. How to add a Notification (Persistent Notification) in the UI as shown below?

Q. Can I run the automation once a month?

A: YES - For more information please Click Here

Initial release 1.3

New blueprint :partying_face: Hope you like it :wink:

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

FAQ - How to create a button helper

1. Go to Settings / Devices & Services / click on the “Helpers” tab / click “+ CREATE HELPER” and select “Button”.

2. Enter in the name you would like to call the button helper and an icon if you like. Then click “Create”.

You successfully created a button helper :tada: that you can now use it in the automation and include it into a dashboard. When you click on it, the automation will run and check your batteries to then notify you as per your automation settings.

Enjoy

Back to FAQ: Click Here

2 Likes

It works with button helper. Easy instructions to follow within the blueprint dialog boxes. Thanks!

2 Likes

Your welcome, glad you like it.

Blacky :smiley:

Hi Blacky,

nice to see another blueprint from you, I am currently using my own for this, but yours has some features that i like, but it missing a feature from my own, would you consider adding:

Included Only Sensors.

This is handy when you want to check only against a few sensors, with there own level higher than normal, in my case I have Aqara Shades controllers, but these are really bad battery level monitor, when the battery gets below 50% there basically dead, and can not drive the motor, so I have to have a check just for these once they reach 60%.

Also, for the Low battery sensors + Battery level % your using xxxxx @ xx%, would consider changing that to xxxxxxx (xx%) ?

yours (top), verse my own bottom

Thanks Andy, hope you like it :+1:

Yeah I will look at this, not promising anything but it is on the list.

It is more formatted this way so the voice can read it.

ahh, i see, maybe you could add an option to the list for custom label for Easy Notify ? would this be possible ?

here i mean,

and prefill it with the {{sensors}} @ {{level}} % + {{unavailable_sensors}} or whatever you use.

Because iirc TTS is only available for Android, and does not work on iOS

Yeah I put a lot of thought into making it clean and easy even though sometimes doesn’t look like it. I have to get my head around it an no doubt I will crate 3 + versions of it :thinking: before I am happy.

looking at your code, it might be easier to split the labels up into sections then build the output from those, instead of duplicating the lists for each option?

You have to link them together so they don’t get scrambled and I would like to keep it as “Easy Notify”.

sorry, i mean the list create a dictionary that you can call to assemble your outputs, then it is only created once.

i’ll have a play with your code tomorrow, see of i can simply it, and show you what I mean.

This is cool, but why time of day, and not just “when battery is less than 10%”

@Cactus_J

Hi Jeremy, glade you like it.

If we use “when battery is less than 10%”, I don’t think everyone would like messages when sleeping, yes you can put in a condition but… A lot of the time these batteries are not critical and to just get a report once a week is nice… you can also check every day if you like, but once a week works for me. Some batteries can also fluctuate so I don’t want 10 notify messages a day.

2 Likes

New Update 1.4

New Feature :new:

• Battery Sensors - Custom Group - You can select a custom group of battery sensors to use for your notification. This allows you to create a list of battery sensors that you would like to be notified of when the battery levels are below your warning level or if they are unavailable.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

2 Likes

@Blacky

Hello,
Thank you very much for this great blueprint.
I have some actors that do not report percentages but give a “false” when the battery level is low.
Are these actors also included in this blueprint?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Blacky,
Thanks for this great blueprint.
I’m trying to get the custom actions only if the battery level is low, but I can’t see how to do this. Whenever the automation is running, the custom action also runs.
Did i miss something ?

@andrebnc

Firstly welcome to the community :wave:

Your welcome.

Normally when the battery goes low the state is ON. Yes this is included but I have just found a bug that would not allow the automation to run when your battery was low. It has been fixed and updated now. Please update the blueprint to version 1.5 and let us know if this has resolved the problem.

1 Like

@Murada99

There was a bug in the blueprint, please update it and if you like you can now use the easy notify. I will do a FAQ on how to use the custom actions.

1 Like