Low-carbon energy consumption

As a new user of HA I may just be confused around the intent and/or operation of the “Low-carbon energy consumed” card on the energy dashboard, but based on the information pop up for it I feel there may be a bug in how it has implemented.

The pop up help states “This card indicates how much of the energy consumed by your home was generated using non-fossil fuels like solar, wind, and nuclear. The higher, the better!”, which seems pretty clear to me as to its purpose.

I have rooftop solar and local battery storage which is reporting correctly to HA and shows correctly on the other widgets of the energy dashboard. My setup regularly results in a consumption of 0kWh from the grid which I am very pleased with.

When there is no consumption from the grid, the card shows nothing but the message “Consumed low-carbon energy couldn’t be calculated”. This to me feels incorrect based on the pop-up help. My expectation is that it should show 100% as my consumption was entirely from solar either directly or indirectly.

As I write this topic up, my dashboard shows the following information whilst also showing the “fault”:

• Solar Produced: 11.8 kWh
  • Home Consumed: 8.7 kWh
  • Battery Charged: 5.9 kWh
  • Battery Discharged: 4 kWh
  • Grid Consumed: 0 kWh
  • Grid Exported: 1.2 kWh

Thanks in advance for any responses.

For 6 months not a single answer.

you have setup:

settings → dashboards → energy → electrical grid → " Grid carbon footprint"

?

and it only reports wrong when 0% grid usage? any error in the log? perhaps there is a /0 error…