Loxone Smart Home Support

It has an open API and controlls Smart Devices. Maybe we can attach single components:

1 Like

Seems like someone already got the lights working:

It would be great to see this happening, especially since the other competitors like openHAB2, ioBroker and Node-RED all already have connectors available.

Since the initial link is dead here are the new documents on how to connect with the Loxone Miniserver:

and the data file structures:

Loxone has Websocket support to communicate with
WebSocket clients that conform to the RFC6455, REST, KNX, UDP.

There are a few projects worth mentioning to maybe act as a starting point or get ideas from on how to bring Loxone support to Homeassistant via a component:

Hello Everybody,

I have written a new plattform for loxone. The values on the Home Assistant side
are now updated in real time. And you can send with the uuid of a loxone device
every command.
Here is the link with the pull request:

I would be very happy if somebody can test and use it. If you need more details please write.

Jojo

Hi, are there an updates on supporting Loxone? I am considering Loxone as an option for our new smart home. At the moment I am already using Home Assistant and it would be great to get Loxone connected to it.

1 Like

Will check how I can help you. I am mainly a .NET developer with little python skills :slight_smile:

Of course you can help but I think it was a misunderstanding. I only wanted to show you the git repo with the supported devices. I have a loxobe installed and I maintain it as long as my loxone works. Hope the next 20 years :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe a dumb question. But why is your Loxone support not part of the Home Assistant integrations? I installed Home Assistant a few days ago and I did not find anything there for Loxone.

To much restrictions.

I’ve been using the Loxone integration for almost a year now, and really appreciate it and slowly but surely my whole house is coming to depend on it.
Out of interest, what sort of restrictions are there to adding this to the core Home Assistant project? That does feel the strongest way to ensure it keeps up to date with the rest of the project over time, and I appreciate it’s not necessarily an easy task, but if it is a resourcing issue for my part I’d be happy to contribute a share (time or $) towards achieving it.

Hey @joth thanks for your message. It would be great if someone could help me with the integration in general. It is really not that easy to become a official integration. There are two things which should be improved. First separate the loxone communication to a separate project. For this u already worked on this topic. I completely rewrote the websocket part. You can look at the beta pyloxone project on my GitHub page. But not on the main branch. On the branch with the newest commit. I tried it and it is stable for the last days. This should be first integrated in the main pyloxone. If this is working as stable as the current release the first step is made.

And then I think the whole home assistant part should be improved and cleaned up. I think A complete rework of the code should be made with improvements like auto detection of the loxone server etc.

For me I do know if it is worth it to do all the work of it now works. And I and my neighbor uses loxone that is why I keep it updated until I sell my house. And I think I will never do that. :slight_smile:

Are there any plans with integration of other loxone parts like valve actuators?