Lsc smart conect smart wifi dimmerswitch (tuya ) cant conect to tuya app -need help/or/cheap diy wifi alternative

i ve bought a cheap 9 euro wifi dimmer switch (that doesnt need to be wired into the wall )

im trying to add it to the tuya app but i cant seem to add it .witch kinda sucks because i really need something like this. Because i cant build things into my wall due to me renting my place (also I’m not a electrician)

i was wondering if someone has manged to add it to the tuya app/homeassistent -or could recommend a wireless diy/ esp32 /arduino solution. im not aposed to using diy electronics using a eps32 . as long its is not to difficult to follow

1 Like

Are you sure that it is 2,4Ghz wifi and not just a 433Mhz remote for the proprietary stuff of lsc lamps

It’s not possible and even not necessary to add the „LSC Smart Dimmer Switch“ to the TUYA-App. The Dimmer Switch works only as a remote for your bulbs/switches, in this case you can only turn on/off or dimm (brighter/darker) the bulb which it is connected to. You can’t control the functions of the „LSC Smart Dimmer Switch“ with your smartphone, because it is a remote like your smartphone with TUYA-App.
Just pair the „LSC Smart Dimmer Switch“ with any bulb/switch (only one item possible!) and it works like a charm.
To do so:

1. Add the bulb/switch as an item to your TUYA-App, connect it to your WiFi, turn the bulb/switch on
  2. Turn on the „LSC Smart Dimmer Switch“ by hand (on/off on the side), wait a moment
  3. Turn the bulb/switch off and then on by hand
  4. Now press the dial on the „LSC Smart Dimmer Switch“ for 5 seconds, until the small LED is blinking blue
  5. now the „LSC Smart Dimmer Switch“ connects (pairing) automatically to the bulb/switch, the chosen bulb/switch begins blinking if connected
  6. Ready…now you can control your bulb/switch with the „LSC Smart Dimmer Switch“! That’s it!

Hope this helps…

1 Like

Hi there,
I got this same switch thinking it could be used as a smart switch input.
I got that it can control one bulb but it’s not exactly the same as being a universal input.
If we can get it working as an input we can then set a scenario for example to switch on not only one bulb but many…
So is there a way to flash it so it works as a regular “universal” wireless switch?

I’ve got the same thing, and just understood, this thing is not smart enough to do anything other than remote one light, probably over some proprietary protocol.

However, if you add the LSC lamp to HA, perhaps it can detect the brightness of that single lamp and you can piggy back the brightness of other lamps from it, so then you could control/toggle lights this way?

Regards

Did you manage to connect it in the end?
From what I understand it is only compatible with other LSC devices.
I am interested in pairing it with other Tuya devices.

I was able to integrate the LSC bulb using tunytuya and the force scan option to discover/wake it, then Tuya Local integration. The remote is some proprietary RF protocol, and is also rubbish (long wake time, poor responsiveness to on/off presses) so I’ll likely sell it / donate it and use an Ikea or other cheap Zigbee button.