LSC Smart Connect [ACTION]

Today I have purchased four lamps today and used to Tuya app to connect the lamps. In Home Assistant I have added the Tuya Integration (via Configuration -> Integrations) and the lamps were added so I could use them.

I can confirm the 806lm & 1400lm E27 CWWW lamps are an ESP8285 and are flashable, just not with tuya-convert… They have a newer version of the Tuya firmware that hasn’t been cracked yet. But you can break it open and flash it via serial.
There is a TYLC6E module in there. They have testpoints for RX, TX and GPIO0 (needed to put the ESP in flash-mode) where you can solder a wire onto.

It’s alot of fidgeting, especially to get everything back in again but is doable.

Any experience/photos where to start first to take the bulb apart?

1 Like

Sure.
Start by prying off the plastic dome. This is glued on around the edges. Be careful not to nick the LED PCB or a use a plastic prying tool :wink: This is the second hardest part. Then you will have this:

Then comes the hardest part which I failed at. Removing the main board & TUYA-module without removing the wire at the socket (I think it was the black one that had a flimsy connection). It came loose so I had to remove the socket from the housing aswell to re-attach it…

Since the entire module was out of the housing, this part is a bit easier ofcourse; so the wire coming loose had an upside :stuck_out_tongue: Desolder the TUYA-module from the base board, solder on some wire so you can flash it:

Flash it, reattach everything, clean up any rough edges. I only left one scratch on it because I started with a knife… But the end result is prety clean:

1 Like

Thanks!! Once shops open again, hope to get one and try as well. :slight_smile:

Found out that exactly the same goes for the E14 Kruidvat Smart lamp, its a 1:1

Great add!

Hey guys,

I’m pretty new with home assistant and I’m trying to figure out how I can connect my LSC Smart lights to Home Assistant.

Reading all this is a bit overwhelming and I’m not sure if I am up to the task.

First, what I was wondering, how can it be that within Google Home you can connect the LSC Smart Connect configured lights to Google Home from login with Tuya/Smartlife with your LSC account details, while that doesn’t work on the Tuya website or on the tuya integration on Home Assistant?

Second, if this whole flashing is needed to connect them to Home Assistant with the Tuya integration, how can I find out if they are able to be flashed without risking breaking my lights?

I have 1 RGB E27 and 2 RGB GU10 from LSC Smart Connect that I would like to connect to Home Assistant.

Same issues here. It’s a great looking lamp, but unusable with the noise it produces :frowning:

Topic kick :wink: today I finally managed to get to the local Action. I find out that they sell some LCS outdoor lamp now . I bought 3 of them, and hoped that it’s possible to flash these to ESPhome . Are there some user who did this ? (Or maybe failed , because I read a lot that they changed to other chips )

1 Like

I would try opening it up to identify the chip used. If it’s not an Espressif chip I would not get my hopes up for a software flash. And even if it is an Espressif chip, lots of later LSC hardware already shipped to the stores with stock firmware that contained patches against tuya-convert, so for new products I would suspect exactly the same.

Could anyone point me to the right direction?
I have been able to figure out the local-key and the device ID of my smart bulb (E27 RBG 806lm).
Now, I tried to connect them to HA by using GitHub - stast1/localtuya localtuya.

I tried both by using the GUI and editing my main config file, but both did not work.
Mind you, I figured out the local-key and device ID on a separate network, so I am not sure what IP address to use.
I tried by using a local IP what my network would use (192.168.1.10) but that did not work, and when using the smart life app, I saw the bulb got a public IP address assigned, so I just tried that but that did not seem to matter.

No matter what I do I get
"An unknown error occurred. See log for details.:
Upon checking the logs:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/localtuya/common.py", line 139, in _make_connection
    self._interface = await pytuya.connect(
  File "/config/custom_components/localtuya/pytuya/__init__.py", line 637, in connect
    _, protocol = await loop.create_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1025, in create_connection
    raise exceptions[0]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1010, in create_connection
    sock = await self._connect_sock(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py", line 924, in _connect_sock
    await self.sock_connect(sock, address)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 496, in sock_connect
    return await fut
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 528, in _sock_connect_cb
    raise OSError(err, f'Connect call failed {address}')
TimeoutError: [Errno 110] Connect call failed ('192.168.1.10', 6668)

So my main question is:

after figuring out the local-key and the device ID of my smart bulb (E27 RBG 806lm), what IP address do I use to connect with localtuya?

Hi all!

I recently started with HA and I’m playing around with it.
Now I bought 3 GU10 LSC lights from the well known store and was wondering if I can still flash them.

I’ve read a lot in this topic but as it is all a bit old I don’t know if the lights I bought are flashable these days.

Or is there another way to connect my lights with HA as I was able to add the lights in Google home?

Hope anyone can help me with this.

Hi Kevin, did you try to flash them? I would like to know too :smiley: They are on sale right now and i’m quite interested in the outdoor ledstrip. But i need to control about 5 of them so i’m not sure if i should buy them… On the other hand, they are controlable through the app, just would be nice to add them to HA. Maybe @gijsje could chime in?!

Hi Kevin,

I have soms GU10 bulbs working bit with an external driver. In this topic there is somewhere a post with the discription.

Kind regards,
Thetmar

Hi,

I did not try to flash them, as I don’t know yet how to begin.
Will dive in to this hopefully this week.

I checked things on the internet and it seems I cannot find a configuration for my GU10 lights on (Light Bulbs by Socket).
Only the RGBW version and I have the White version.

Anybody that can assist with this?

Well, i tried to connect the ledstrip with the app, but it failed to connect. Tried for an hour and then gave up. Drove me nuts :smiley:

Do they have power metering?

Nope, only on/off functionality.

1 Like