Lutron Bridge

You didn’t seem to understand what I wrote. I already have the Lutron Caseta library written (it is just a matter of how it is used). The Lutron side is easy as the spec is known. It is the HA side that I am having problems with. Also, that third party API is missing a key components that I have already written and it is under developed as it is designed for a Wink which, in my opinion, missed a lot of the functionality in that it does not read the Pico remotes as one can with the Caseta Pro hub. Wink has a single function accessible with caseta, which is the on or off state of a light.

My code will not require any third party API. I feel that that is a weakness in the HA design.

wow, i need support for HomeWorks panel via RS232 or TCP/IP.
when you think it’s will ready?

1 Like

I pushed it to GitHub.

Lutron Caseta support is a little closer. I have the interrogation loop on the hub working in HA and I can send commands. I have some cleanup and error handling to do and then add command processing then light and switch controls. The last parts should be easy. The hardest time was the learning of the event loop structure and commands as well as the python libraries used.

3 Likes

I’ve been following this thread for about a month as I’ve been deciding what platform to pursue. Caseta support for Home-assistant is must. I just wanted to pre-thankyou for your hard work.

I have started a developers thread for the Lutron Caseta hub interface for feedback and suggestions.

How difficult would it be to use this over TCP?

1 Like

I didn’t realize that work was already being done for caseta/ha integration. I could not find any GitHub repos specifically for HA integration or else I would have just contrubuted there. Here is my work: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/6631
Current:
-Discovers devices connected to the smartbridge.
-Sets up wall dimmers as lights.
Future:
-Support additional devices as appropriate in HA
-Push notification (no polling)
I am currently working with the maintainers to have it included.

Does this work for the non-pro bridges? his would be great news if it does!

I am not sure about the non-pro bridge. I believe that mine is a pro. Can you help me? Does your lutron mobile app give you the option to turn telnet on?

Lutron mobile app > settings (gear icon) > Advanced > Integration > telnet support checkbox

Can you toggle the checkbox if it is there? If so this should work.

No, I don’t see that option anywhere. Guess I’m out of luck eh? I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try it out and see. Is it coming in 0.41?

Without telnet the underlying library to communicate to the Smartbridge will not work. Maybe telnet is enabled by default on the non-pro hubs? I guess we can hope.
If not 4.1 it will be 4.2 hoping my next round of changes will be the last. I managed to get push updates working now as well. HA UI will update in realtime.

1 Like

Let’s cross our fingers and hope for the best! :slight_smile:

Agreed! =)

Hey @Jer78 I just wanted to let you know that I have a new pull request out there that interacts with the lutron caseta hub over ssh. Now I don’t have a non pro hub but I really hope it works for you. This PR does not rely on telnet at all.

Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

FYI, upgraded HASS to version 0.43 today and lutron_caseta component is working with NON PRO HUB.

YOU ARE FREEKIN AWESOME!:raised_hands:

GREAT JOB! :joy:

Thanks for confirming that it works with the non pro bridge. Out of curiosity can you tell me how many lutron devices you are using with your hub and if they are all working as you expect?

So far I have 9 Dimmable Switches and 1 Relay.
Yes, they all work, even better, now that I can tell Alexa, Dim living room lights to 50%, 30%, etc…
I also have a FortrezZ MIMOlite wired to my work van alarm remote, and I can tell Alexa, Turn on Van.

Awesome! Thanks again for reporting back!