Lutron Caseta devices

Hello again.

I’m moving this from 3rd Party Integrations (see message below) to Feature Requests.

As far as I can tell, the Lutron Caseta component needs to be modified for compatibility with HA’s new config flow. I would like to see this happen.

Thanks,

– John

==========================================
Hello, all.

I have a question about the Lutron Caseta component (integration?).

My Caseta Pro hub is set up with an entry in configuration.yaml. My Lutron devices are exposed to HA and work great; they are all customized via customize.yaml.

I would like to add the Lutron entities to areas, but can’t figure out how to do so. The Lutron component is not shown in my Integrations page, and that’s the only place I can find to assign an entity to an area.

Is there an “Areas:” keyword for customize.yaml? Does the Lutron component need updating?

Side note: the Lutron hub is discovered as a Homekit device, but I prefer to expose HA to HomeKit, not the other way around.

Thanks.

– John

It looks like the integration needs to be updated to utilize the device registry.

Yes, I switched to this custom component some time back, mostly because it lets me use my Pico’s in automations.

Interesting! Does that custom component support devices and areas?

No, it doesn’t.

I noticed this frustrating behavior on my hass.io setup as well.

You would think that 6+ months later this would/could have been fixed or added to the internal lutron caseta component built in to HA right?

Is there some where this behavior needs to be officially reported to get it updated/fixed?

And why on earth are the pico’s not supported in the official caseta integration component by now since many, many people seem to use them in HA for various purposes? I’ve upvoted several requests for this that I have seen. Is there a technical reason, or is it just not a high priority?

But on another note, is there any reason why the custom upsert lutron component couldn’t support devices and areas if it was fixed or rewritten to do so?