Lutron Caseta - Invalid Config - Add-on

Hi,
so newbie on HASS.IO but fairly familiar with programming and electronics.

I was actually planning to build my own system after using SmartThings fro a while and being fed up with loss of configurations and need to reinstall all.

Got Tradfri and Hue bridge working fine. (I know I could use Hue only… but Tradfri is actually good for fw updates, and if I am able to get decent response times I will leave it like that)

Trying to setup my Lutron (which was a breeze on ST) seems to be giving me trouble with HASS.IO
I am on google wifi network by the way.

Since I have seen several threads, but different setups…hassbian hassio etc… none could actually fix/clarify my problem.

Yes I did add line on conf.yaml with ip address…
I get invalid configuration.

2017-11-07 13:55:45 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component lutron_caseta

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 194, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 331, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 244, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 244, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lutron_caseta.py”, line 42, in setup
hostname=config[CONF_HOST]
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 32, in init
self._login_ssh()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pylutron_caseta/smartbridge.py”, line 274, in _login_ssh
username=ssh_user, pkey=ssh_key)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/paramiko/client.py”, line 416, in connect
look_for_keys, gss_auth, gss_kex, gss_deleg_creds, t.gss_host,
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/paramiko/client.py”, line 701, in _auth
raise saved_exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/paramiko/client.py”, line 603, in _auth
self._transport.auth_publickey(username, pkey))
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/paramiko/transport.py”, line 1447, in auth_publickey
return self.auth_handler.wait_for_response(my_event)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/paramiko/auth_handler.py”, line 223, in wait_for_response
raise e
paramiko.ssh_exception.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed.

There’s an issue with the Lutron Caseta component at the moment:

Thanks. Kind of went through that but at some point I though was solved.
Work around that I am trying to use SmartThings gateway to handle Lutron stuff… but so far… painful

Other topic

The fixes haven’t been merged with HomeAssistant yet.

Should be pretty relatively soon.

If you have a Pro Hub, you can use jhn’s custom component to get things up and running now.