Lutron Caseta Pico (Core Integration Only)

Kept having the problem today. Going to try and set up actions outside of the blueprint and see if its related to automations inside the blueprint or the pico devices themselves.

This blueprint stopped working for me in the last couple days too. Has anyone found a solution?

I tired just using automations using the Pico remote and they haven’t been working either so its related to Lutron Pico remote not the blueprint IMO.

I see the Pico button presses in the device log, so the Lutron integration doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Unfortunately I don’t have much time to look into this…especially because it’s been working perfectly for me. It’s a pretty simple blueprint, so my guess that the issue is likely due to recent changes in how automations are handled. I’m still on 10.x because of all the issues being reported in 11 and simply don’t have the time right now to deal with breaking changes.

Also based on the posts above it seems like it might be related to automation mode being selected (restart vs single, etc). @BrianAMartin221 thanks for testing and confirming that your issues are still present when the automations are manually created. That at least proves that something has changed…the trick is figuring out where and then getting the devs to look into it. Good luck everyone.

Edit: It would also be useful for those with the issue to describe the failed automations in detail so a common thread might be found. eg are all options failing, is it only release options, what mode your automation is being run in, what are the actions being performed…etc?

Since it goes beyond the automation I made a post here in the general discussion

I would report an issue on GitHub but I am terrible at the formatting / verbiage they want to use there and last time I did it was closed right away for formatting but i couldn’t find a doc to see how they wanted the formatting (this was for a HACS integreation not HA itself)

Yeah issues here also, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t and guessing it might be a race issue at startup but for sure errors related to not being able to apply trigger - If you go into the automations and change something remove it and save it works again.

Here’s part of the error log - seems like it’s all triggers. Maybe related to removing that integration bit since seems like device can’t be found but maybe because Lutron integration is slow to start so automations is having a fit?

Got error 'Cannot attach trigger {'platform': 'device', 'device_id': '27eda0069b8c398e74cf2433f101b48e', 'domain': 'lutron_caseta', 'type': 'release', 'subtype': 'raise'} because device with id 27eda0069b8c398e74cf2433f101b48e is missing or invalid' when setting up triggers for Pico - Garage control centre
Got error 'Cannot attach trigger {'platform': 'device', 'device_id': '27eda0069b8c398e74cf2433f101b48e', 'domain': 'lutron_caseta', 'type': 'release', 'subtype': 'stop'} because device with id 27eda0069b8c398e74cf2433f101b48e is missing or invalid' when setting up triggers for Pico - Garage control centre
Got error 'Cannot attach trigger {'platform': 'device', 'device_id': '27eda0069b8c398e74cf2433f101b48e', 'domain': 'lutron_caseta', 'type': 'release', 'subtype': 'lower'} because device with id 27eda0069b8c398e74cf2433f101b48e is missing or invalid' when setting up triggers for Pico - Garage control centre
Got error 'Cannot attach trigger {'platform': 'device', 'device_id': '27eda0069b8c398e74cf2433f101b48e', 'domain': 'lutron_caseta', 'type': 'release', 'subtype': 'off'} because device with id 27eda0069b8c398e74cf2433f101b48e is missing or invalid' when setting up triggers for Pico - Garage control centre```

I don’t know if it was 11.2 or what, but my issues here seem to have resolved themselves.

Glad yours are back to working. Mine stil won’t keep running weather the automation is from a blueprint or just built for each press.

Yes I am having spotty issues as well. Some remotes work at all and some are hit and miss. I see in the log that the button pressed but thats it. Thought at first was batteries - doesn’t seem to be this blueprint issue. Glad I am not the only one but its very frustrating to have to hear the remote isn’t working again

1 Like

I have multiple PJ2-3BRL-GXX-X01 Pico remotes (loaded using the core Lutron integration) and this blueprint isn’t seeing them as devices.

So far I’ve tried:

• Commenting out the model requirement in the yaml, I can see all my other devices in the blueprint dropdown included non-Pico Lutron devices.

• A single automation using the a Pico to turn on a light, which works as expected.

• Reloading the integration, but am trying to avoid a complete delete and re-setup.

• Rebooting and reloading yamls multiple times.

I’m new-ish to blueprints and was excited to try this one out instead of making multiple automations. Is there some other setup step that I’m missing? I’ve tried out the preloaded blueprints, but haven’t incorporated them into any ongoing automations. Any ideas?

Home Assistant 2023.3.1
Supervisor 2023.03.1
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230302.0 - latest

Thanks!

Did you only recently import this blueprint or was in imported a long time ago and you are only just trying it out? A few months ago I made changes to the blueprint to fix a “bug” that was introduced with one of the HA updates. Right above the model line you commented out should be and integration section that should have already been commented out. If it’s not commented out, you are using an older version of the BP and that’s your issue. Otherwise, I can’t say why its not working and I would recommend you remove and readd the BP entirely. This should be quick and easy since you haven’t setup any automation using it yet.

This blueprint used to work for me, but I just tried to use it to create a new automation and it doesn’t show any matching devices found. I confirmed through the Lutron integration that the Picos show up, are PJ2-3BRL-GXX-X01 (Pico3ButtonRaiseLower), and show activity in the logbook on the device page when I press them. I only had 1 active automation using the blueprint (although that one wasn’t working anymore since the device field was empty), so I’ve deleted that, removed the Blueprint and re-imported it, but it’s still not showing any matching devices.

Hmm…it’s working fine for me. Wonder if something changed again with 2023.3.x
I haven’t upgraded yet.

@captainnapalm @bunjg
Looks like 2023.3.x broke this blueprint…again. Not sure why these updates keeps breaking the device selector…but it’s getting aggravating. I’ll have to put in an issue with the HA devs to look into it. Could also be on the Lutron integration end as well. :man_shrugging:

Well that’s unfortunate. Looking forward to it working again.

Bummer, thanks for investigating and look forward to trying it some day.

@captainnapalm @bunjg
Looks like someone already created an issue on github for this issue. There is a workaround of sorts that I haven’t tested yet myself but seems simple enough.

Feel free to upvote and post in the thread so the HA team sees activity on this issue and it hopefully grabs someone’s attention.

2 Likes