Lutron Caseta Pico (Core Integration Only)

The Automation in the link you provided is brilliant and I “think” you can replicate it as is.

Most of the magic is in the action portion ie the brightness transition and stop commands. This is specific to deconz but you can easily replicate it in the action section of the blueprint.

So essentially you could set the Up Arrow button as follows.
On press - run the actions shown in the “increase brightness” portion of the Automation.
On release - run the actions shown in the “stop brightness” portion of the Automation.

I don’t have deconz so I have no way to know if this will work, but in theory it should.

That’s exactly what I just did, I used your blueprint and for the “action type” I called a service, then filled out the data for dimming and stop dimming, I also used it for the top and bottom buttons, now it fades to full brightness when ON is pressed and fades out when OFF is pressed, plus continuous dimming.

P.S I also used the same blueprint for RF curtains, I did STOP on release so now I can open and close to any position in addition to Open/close all the way. I still have to figure out a “preset” position for the favorite button.

Thank you!

1 Like

I keep getting “unsupported url”

Try it now. Not sure why it stopped working all of a sudden. Haven’t changed the Import link since I initially posted it…till today anyway.

It works and it’s wayyyyy faster than Hubitat. Can I hold to decrease brightness like Hubitat? Thx

I just updated to the Core Integration, do Pico’s not show up as entities anymore? It shows as a device in integration, only my true switches show up as entities. I looked through the documentation, but I must have missed something? I used Node Red to manage automations for them when they were entities.

Picos were only available as entities in 3rd party integrations (eg Upsert). They are only available as devices in the core integration. I haven’t use NR in a while and unfortunately I do not remember if/how you can reference them in flows.

I was using a custom component that seemed to break in the last month, I was about a month behind on updates. It used to expose the Pico’s as sensor entities.

Is a release event when you actually let go of the button or when you push it again if the current event/scene is activated?

Basically I want to setup a system where I have the 4 buttons and each press is turn scene 1,2,3,4 respectively on and off.

Yes

Scenes don’t work that way. You can only activate a scene (ie turn it on). You can potentially setup a button press to cycle through scenes, but it not something that HA let’s you do natively. You would need to use something else to keep track of and activate each scene…like a an input_select. That is beyond the scope of this thread bit you can search the forum for help setting this automation up. Here’s one thread that may be of help.

I apologize if this question has been asked before… I did read all the comments in this thread and may have missed it. I have been using the cutom upsert component for a year or so with @MizterB Node-Red flow for multiple Pico remotes.
Does your BluePrint and the new core Lutron Caseta integration work with multiple remotes?
About to set up my new HA Blue appliance and wondered if I should just start from scratch or migrate what is already working.
Many thanks :pray:

This blueprint works with multiple remotes by creating an automation from the blueprint for each remote you want to configure.

I believe the primary difference between this and my Node Red flow is that the blueprint does not support double-tap actions.

2 Likes

Anyone get this blueprint to work with Shades? This would work well, but I can’t get it to trigger any blinds groups.

This blueprint is only for the remote outlined and pictured at the top of the thread. If you are using that exact model remote, then the issue is likely in the action section you have configured. Try testing your service calls in the developers tools section before adding to a button press in the blueprint.

So I have figured out what you said earlier and it works fine there

but when entering this information into the blueprint nothing happens

**WELL I FIGURED IT OUT **
You have to fill in the Pressed & Released section of the blueprint for the blinds to work. You can’t have Pressed OR Released filled out.

I’m a bit new at this so it may be something easy. What I’ve done is

• Set the automation mode to “restart”
  • Up (Raise) Arrow Button Pressed — action type to “Call service”, Service “Light: Turn On”, target “Office” (which is an area, not a specific light), Transition=5 seconds, Brightness step value=254.
  • Up (Raise) Arrow Button Released — action type to “Call service”, Service “Light: Turn On”, target “Office”, Brightness step value=0.

When I press the button, it starts brightening as expected. However, when I release the button it instantly turns on all the way. In playing with it, it seems to me like when I release the button, setting the brightness relative to 254 instead of relative to the brightness of the light at that point in time.

I can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong?

The link I posted only works with Zigbee lights/deconz integration. In my case this is what the “release” button looks like

action:
    - service: deconz.configure
      data:
        entity: light.master_bedroom
        field: "/action"
        data: {"bri_inc":0}

Oh, I see. thanks for clarifying. I thought you meant that you replicated this with the blueprint. @stephack you mentioned this should be possible to do with the blueprint. Do you know if I may just be doing something wrong or if maybe this wont work afterall? Here’s what I have

- id: '###'
  alias: Office Pico
  description: ''
  use_blueprint:
    path: stephack/core-pico.yaml
    input:
      auto_mode: restart
      pico_remote: ###
      top_on:
      - service: light.turn_on
        target:
          area_id: office
        data:
          transition: 0.25
          brightness: 255
      up_raise:
        data:
          brightness_step: 254
          transition: 10
        target:
      bottom_off:
      - service: light.turn_off
        target:
        data:
          transition: 0.5
      up_raise_release:
        data:
          brightness_step: 0
        target:

What I meant in my previous post is that the Deconz command could be used in the action section of this blueprint. If you are not using deconz then it doesn’t apply directly.

I assume you are using the ZHA component. If so then you would need to figure out the “stop” command for your zigbee lights and have that command sent on button release. You are also trying to control an area so if there are non-zigbee lights in the mix then I pretty sure you will get unexpected results.