Lutron Integration errors

Hi all,

Brand new to HA. First big integration I have attempted to configure was Lutron. I have RA2 everywhere in my house. The initial integration setup appeared to work without issue. 123 devices were recognized and imported. However, when I attempt to control anything, nothing happens. I will toggle a light, shade, etc. and the toggle will flip back off after a few seconds.

Checking the logs reveals tens of thousands of errors. The one with the most entries is the following:

Logger: pylutron
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pylutron/init.py:183
First occurred: September 9, 2024 at 2:45:30 PM (39757 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:04:40 PM

Uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pylutron/init.py”, line 179, in _main_loop
line = t.read_until(b"\n", timeout=3)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pylutron/_telnetlib/telnetlib.py”, line 333, in read_until
return self.read_very_lazy()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pylutron/_telnetlib/telnetlib.py”, line 409, in read_very_lazy
raise EOFError(‘telnet connection closed’)
EOFError: telnet connection closed

Any idea what’s going on? It’s nice that I can see all the Lutron details in HA, but if I can’t actually control anything it obviously won’t be of much value.

I’m having the exact same problem. I just tried integration today. Let me know if you figure anything out and I’ll do the same!

i’ve found getting lutron initial config to be tricky, but once done, pretty reliable. it’s been a while (over a year for me) so my memory here is old but since no one else has reponded i’ll give it a shot…

first, do you know what integration you’re using? are you using this one:
Lutron - Home Assistant?

if you’re not sure, go to your lutron integration page and hit the “documentation” link on the left:

next, do you recall if you connected to the main repeater? or did you connect to the lutron smartbridge? you should connect to the repeater directly, not to the bridge if i recall (i made that mistake myself initially).

FYI - This was related to a bug in the Lutron integration. I just updated to 2024.10.2 and it fixed the issue for me! Now it all seems to work as it should!