Lutron Keypad Raise/Lower Buttons Control (for Shades/Thermostats/Actions) v1.1

Gist: Home Assistant: Lutron Keypad Raise/Lower Buttons Control (for Shades/Thermostats/Actions) v1.1 · GitHub

My first blueprint :slight_smile: Newbie, so suggestions welcome.

Blueprint about:

This blueprint enables you to run any Home Assistant action when the Raise or Lower buttons are pressed. It also supports a couple special behaviors for Shades (covers) and Thermostats (climate).

Inputs:

• The “Dimmer Raise” scene for your chosen keypad
  • The “Dimmer Lower” scene for your chosen keypad
  • (Optional) Target Shade or Thermostat to control
  • (Optional) Raise action
  • (Optional) Lower action

If target is a Shade (cover):

1. When physical raise/lower button is simply pressed and released, shade will raise/lower to max open/closed.
  2. If physical button is held for more than 1 second, releasing will immediately stop shade.

If target is a Thermostat (climate):

1. When physical raise/lower button is simply pressed and released, temperature will raise/lower by 1 degree.

If target is not specified:

1. Will simply call the user-defined raise/lower actions

Note: in Lutron software, choose “lower/raise programmed device” for the keypad button type but do not actually select a device. Lutron will automatically create two scenes “Dimmer Raise” and “Dimmer Lower” for your keypad in HA.

I’ve tested this using RadioRa2. Not sure how much Caseta/RA3 vary but hoping the core lutron integration in Home Assistant is standardized enough for this blueprint to work across all!

Would this work with third party shades?

I was able to automate a setting when a keypad button is set to ‘Toggle’ in the Lutron Essentials software to open or close shades from 3 Day Blinds (via MotionBlinds integration.)

It works fine in the HA software, but the Lutron keypad will only trigger it when at least one device is associated with the button press. Otherwise the LED lights up on the keypad for a second then turns off. When I connected it to turn on a light bulb to 20%, it worked flawlessly, but I don’t want to turn on a random light just to be able to use the keypad button I set.

I’d very much like to have it setup like how you laid out - I hit shade button then use up/down on keypad to tell it to go full open or close, with a longer hold stopping the shade mid-cycle, but it still seems like I need to associate at least one existing Lutron device with the keypad button.

Any ideas?