Lutron RadioRa2 not seeing SeeTouch Keypad button presses

Home Assistant integrates with RadioRA 2 via the Main Repeater, so those are the steps to follow. There is no GUI setup, unfortunately.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a go. :crossed_fingers:t4:

This solved it. Thank you!
It would be great if I could leave the “scene saver” on as it has been useful at times to make minor changes without the RA2 PC software

That’s probably not my problem, mine is already turned off.

I’ll try activating it, then deactivating it to see if anything changes.

How do I get the up/down buttons on a SeeTouch keypad to appear in HA? Only my 6 toggle/scene buttons appear, but the up/down do not appear to be logged when I click nor can I use them to integrate into any automations.

FWIW:
Following the latest HA update 2024.4.3 some of my keypads expose the raise/lower buttons.
It seems to correlate with how they are programmed in the RadioRA2 software. If I have them programmed to “Raise programmed devices” or “Lower programmed devices” they are exposed as entities in HA. Whereas when programmed to “Raise last button pressed” they are not.

I hope that helps

I noticed the new core Lutron integration added additional entities.
Every SeeTouch and Pico now has an event entity for each button.
AND HOME ASSISTANT CAN SEE THEM!

Works pretty slick! Using lutron event triggers, everything is finally working.

Only small issue is the names the events are given in the integration listing are not the same as the actual event names. You have to go into the developer tools events section, setmup a listener and push the button to get the actual name.

For example.
I have a button to control a window shade
In the integration listing it shows
“event.kitchen_keypad_1_dining_room_shade”

If i use that as the event id it doesnt work

In the developer tools listening area the button creates this event id
“kitchen_dining_room_shade”

Not a huge deal

Really happy its working now.

Thanks

Dont know which of the recent changes did it. My current system

• Core2024.5.0