Luxor & Home Assistant integration - Enable HACS?

Looks like someone created an HA integration for Luxor: GitHub - dcramer/hass-luxor: FXLuminaire Luxor integration for Home Assistant. When this repository is referenced, this one is also referenced… GitHub - dcramer/luxor-openapi: OpenAPI specification for FXLuminaire's Luxor lighting systems.

I DON’T KNOW HOW TO TURN IT ON?!?!?

There is no install for dummies, so, I am looking for help on how to use the first, or both of these together, if required. I just don;t know.

Running on a Rasberry Pi. I have downloaded the CUSTOM HACS (first link above).

1. How does the install instantiate?
  2. How do I direct it to my fixed ip address for the LUXOR box (192.168.1.4)
  3. Do I need the second link OPENAPI for Luxor fundamentals

Findings so far

a. I can install the custom HACS, but no forther settings seem available, and no doumentation on next steps

b. I can call the fixed ip address via web browser, and make changes to the only two things exposed by LUXOR (Groups, and themes; not ideal, but the limitation is easy enough to work around).

c. I can see the install directory for the python code. I can read what appears to be the configuration file for the app (called “init.py”. I can also make a change in this file, line 30, to manually fix the ip address to find the box.

Otherwise, I cannot see LUXOR “scenes” as scenes in HA or LUXOR “groups” as devices within Home Assistant. I JUST DON’T KNOW HOW TO TURN THE CUSTOM HACS ON?!?!?

I see interest in this integration over the years. I hope this installation thread is useful for those who pursue this path

Anyone willing to help create a FXLuminaire Luxor Lighting System Integration?. is where I see some stuff, otherwise try a search.

Tips on Searching for Answers & Duplicate Topics in the Forum.

agreed, that’s the best thread I found. But it was getting dated.

1 Like