Mac Menu Bar app to control HA

Interesting idea but I don’t think the touchbar has enough space to display many entity names to make it useful.

Very nice! Works smoothly on Mojave

Thanks for writing this. Very helpful.

1 Like

Andrew, thanks for this tool. Working flawlessly in Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 :+1:

2 Likes

May I ask to add support for older OS? For example 10.10, 10.11?

I really don’t want to go any further back as it’ll introduce a lot of support issues and my Mac dev skills really aren’t up to that.

2 Likes

Version 2.3.0 just released now adds support for activating scenes and scripts.

2 Likes

great app!
is there a way to filter out enitities? e.g. i have a lot of lights (bulbs) grouped by “lamp” or “room” to make it easy to turn stuff on and off. In your app i see both - a lot of bulbs and the light groups. would be great to be able to filter the actual bulbs out…
Edit: i can do it myself - just create a group with whatever i need. still an app-level filtering would be cool

You’re right with your edit, Groups are the way to do this.

I’ve made a conscious decision that HA Menu doesn’t keep any data about entities, otherwise it would have to keep them in sync and Home Assistant Core should keep all this information.

If Areas became more of a thing then that would be another way of filtering but that’s not exposed through the API yet.

Really nice app.
Two questions:
I noticed you have push notifications on the GitHub picture of the app, but I can’t really find it.
Any thoughts of using HA Menu as an integration in HA?

like it… very nice… On BigSur brew command change a lil bit brew install --cask ha-menu

Thanks for this tools

Thanks I’ve added this to the readme.

The Push Notifications is a switch I have in my HA setup to enable certain events to push notify events to Telegram, nothing to do with HA Menu itself :slight_smile:

For the functionality HA Menu offers I don’t see a reason yet to add it as an integration, plus creating an integration is outside of my skillset so would be a lot of effort. One day I might think of something that needs it and will push me to learn that.

Super app!! Thanks!!

1 Like

Good work. Thanks for this!

This is great! Thanks for working on this!

Thanks for giving us this gem!
Please, I would like to create a toggle to set all my devices to DND from this app. How do I go about it?
I was able to create automations to do this but I had to trigger them manually from the main app.
Thanks in advance.

I think my approach to this would be to create a helper Toggle (switch) for Global DND then create an automation on the toggle change to fire your existing automations to DND on or off using a choose within the actions.
You can then add the Global DND Toggle to a YAML group and expose it to HA Menu as detailed in the HA Menu readme.

There might be other ways but that’s the easiest I can think of from what you’ve described.

This is an awesome app, thanks so much!

Is there a plan to add more than one HA server?

It’s on my todo list but I don’t get much time to maintain this at the moment.