Magic Mirror powered by Home Assistant and TileBoard

An android tablet with the 2 way film directly on it could work good. Just a matter of finding on big enough

You don;'t need to have a screen behind the whole mirror.

Also you can have two screens - one non-touch to display info and one smaller android one for control.

1 Like

Fantastic project. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I like it, in fact you could even use the VESA mount on the monitor for wall mounting

if anyone wants to use this with a separate lovelace view in panel mode remember to remove the --incognito tag from the line

@chromium-browser --incognito --kiosk http://hassio:8123/local/tileboard/index.html

to avoid logging in and setting the theme on every reboot.

Thanks for the premium guide!

Not a problem!

It’s worth noting that the mirror has been off for a while now. The UI I made for it felt stale after looking at it all the time. I changed it to just have the weather, date and a bit of text. However, after a powercut, my Pi SD card got corrupted and haven’t had the energy to get it back up and running.

I am glad people have found this helpful still.

yeah I can relate. That is why I set up mine for an operation without an SD card using an usb stick as storage.
This should increase lifetime a bit.

I’m having issues installing this on my home assistant raspberry pi.

From my understanding:

You create a dir called “www” inside /root/config/
Then put the TileBoard inside there so the location becomes: /root/config/www/TileBoard/
Then copy the config.js

But from there I’m stuck? Guessing I need to run the service somehow?

Can’t seem to find any instructions on this.

right now if I try to open the webpage I get: 404: Not Found

The instructions are in the first post.

Yeah done like the instructions.

But the instructions in: https://github.com/resoai/TileBoard
isn’t really super clear.
So I guess I’m doing something wrong…
Would be super nice if you could help me out!

Ahhh so it is tileboard you need help with, I suggest you do to the tileboard page TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

How did you install home assistant?

Home assistant is running directly on the raspberry pi.
Tried getting help there but nothing so far.

I’m using a new installed home assistant. so really nothing in it so far.

Added the TileBoard changed the config.js and that’s where I’m stuck.

Then I think the directory will be /config not /root/config

Tried it…
same issue.

Am I correct that the only thing u really need to do is to add the TileBoard folder and then edit the config.js?

Please go to the tileboard thread. This is not the place. I can’t see any questions from you there (but it is long!)

Would you like to share your code?

I’ve now published the source at https://github.com/lukas-hetzenecker/smart-mirror
But unfortunately the documentation is severely lacking (read: non-existent), so I’m not sure it will be really useful

For everyone’s clarity, this source code Lukas posted isn’t what my integration uses. My project doesn’t require any external projects to work since it’s all using Home Assistant addons.

Nice repo though :+1:

Hi Darren,

Many thanks for the great instructions been looking for options to integrate my smart mirror into home assistant.

I seem to have a problem with the state script though. On and off scripts work fine but the state script shows:

state.sh: 3: state.sh: [[state: not found
off

This shows the same no matter what script has been run at the time.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Michael

@darren.griffin can you please post your tileboard config and files? thx

1 Like