Home Assistant Community

MagicHome CCT RGBWW LED

I purchased a couple of MagicHome Wifi controllers and configured them with HA using the documentation:

the documentation talks about 3 different modes:

Will add a light without the white mode:

192.168.1.10:
      name: NAME
      mode: "rgb"

Will add a light with rgb+white mode (default). White and RGB channels can be adjusted independently using a slider and color picker respectively.

192.168.1.10:
      mode: "rgbw"

Will add a light with white mode only. This is useful when only W channel is connected to an RGBW controller and allows the white level to be controlled via brightness value.

192.168.1.10:
      mode: "w"

The problem I have is that my lights are CCT
meaning that they hare both WarmWhite and Cool White

My MagicHome Controller has RGBWW, the code above is only for RGBW, or W
How can I make it WW or CCT ?

0 Likes

I have some of the same controllers and use it with my AEGool LED strips. RGBW should work ok. If I can recall you will get a second color wheel to control the white temperature, so it ‘should’ work with WW. However, I found it a bit fiddley to get just the right color temperature.

0 Likes

so HA deals with the controller pretty well, but it’s when I use it on my iphone via homekit, it’s as if it doens’t know how to handle the WW / CW.
It’s almost unusable.

0 Likes

@Mirai_Hayashi @Daniel-san Hey planning on using the same setup.

RGBCCT controller with only CCT LED strip.

Were you able to make it work with HA such that I only have a white color control in HA with temperature and brightness?

How do you like the controller integration and quality? Plan to only use with HA.

Can you turn on lights to a specific temperature/brightness?

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Likes

The controller isn’t that great.
HA aside, using the default App with Google home - it still doesn’t work right.

The Magic App works good. no complaints.

everything seems to work great for the RGB channels.

but my issue is with the WW and CW

if I ask ggl to set the brightness to X% it seems to set the . WW/CQ to 0% and the RGB to X%
which is dumb! because I have nothing there.

in the magicapp, you can configure if this controller is RGB, WW/CW or RGCWWC
I have 4 of these devices, 2 with WW/CW another is RGB and another with RGCWWC
and it jsut doesn’t know what to do with WWC… HomeKit/Google assistant doesn’t know how to deal with it.

0 Likes

I have a similar controller and it seems like the flux led component as well as Google Home doesn’t support RGBWW lights yet. I found a workaround in Home Assistant by setting rgb_color to 0,0,0, and using the white_value to control white brightness. The downside is the RGB LED’s are still on (just dim) and both cool and warm white LEDs turn on using white_value. Still haven’t figured out how to get just the true warm/cool whites to light.

Amazon Echo works the way you’d expect it to. She has 5 presets of white values but no color wheel. Hopefully, Google and Home Assistant get updated.

0 Likes

Any updates about this controller? I have one to and i don’t know if i need to search another one or stick wth MagicHome and wait :frowning:

0 Likes