Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Colors are within the CSS that start on line 202 of the mail-and-packages-card.js file. The icon color is set by the theme your home assistant is using and the text for each carrier is a hyperlink and has no color customization from this card.

I haven’t worked with any HASS theming so I’m not sure what all can be defined. Like @firstof9 said colors for hyperlinks could be defined in a HASS theme, but ultimately by the browser. They should be the same color as other non style hyperlinks on other websites.

You can add the following after line 207 and customize the differs link color attributes. This should limit the changes to this card.

/* unvisited link */
        .details li a:link {
          color: red;
        }

/* visited link */
        .details li a:visited {
          color: green;
        }

/* mouse over link */
        .details li a:hover {
          color: hotpink;
        }

That did it, you sir are a rock star!

Thank you for adding the toggle for filename randomness!

Is there a way to add UPS and AMZN packages of another member in the household and merge it with my own, minus the mail pieces? This way we can get a better idea of exactly how many packages we are expecting at the house.

UPS My Choice should send you an email about any packages coming to your address no matter who’s name is on them.

As for Amazon, no but you can setup a 2nd email account and use a template to combine the 2 amazon sensors.

1 Like

If anyone is using the 0.2.0 beta version let us know how it’s working out for you.

@TheFourDees, It can, we’ll need the email address it’s coming from and the subject lines from your emails. In the meantime you can modify the const.py to add the email addresses yourself.

For Amazon.ca: [email protected]

It looks like the current address for Fedex tracking should work for Canada after all. I requested a tracking update which I received in my Inbox but after a poll the sensor still isn’t picking it up.

What’s the subject line? (Exclude any tracking numbers)

Seems like a bit of moving target.

The original email I received from that address had a subject:

FedEx MPS Shipment <trackingnumber> Notification

The subject of the tracking update email from that address:

Online FedEx Tracking - <trackingnumber>

What parameter name do I use for additional subjects to test with?

Current are:

FEDEX_Email = '[email protected]'
FEDEX_Delivering_Subject = 'Delivery scheduled for today'
FEDEX_Delivering_Subject_2 = 'Your package is scheduled for delivery today'
FEDEX_Delivered_Subject = 'Your package has been delivered'

Is your package coming today or in the future?

Future delivery.

It won’t be tracked until the day of your delivery.

Gotchya. I’ll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Wait you can set up the integration twice? With two different emails?

Yes you can.

Could you explain that process? Through Hacs and the Config Flow I don’t see the option. I am guessing I will need to set up the second account through YAML?

Sure thing.

1. Go to Integrations
  2. Press the +
  3. Select Mail and Packages
  4. Add your 2nd email account details.

Oh wow. That easy huh. Thank you.

1 Like
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/gdacs/__init__.py", line 165, in async_update
    await self._feed_manager.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aio_georss_client/feed_manager.py", line 46, in update
    status, feed_entries = await self._feed.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aio_georss_client/feed.py", line 64, in update
    status, rss_data = await self._fetch()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aio_georss_client/feed.py", line 104, in _fetch
    feed_data = parser.parse(text)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aio_georss_client/xml_parser/__init__.py", line 85, in parse
    postprocessor=XmlParser.postprocessor)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xmltodict.py", line 173, in parse
    handler = _DictSAXHandler(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'process_namespaces'

Hey all I haven’t been getting the images from USPS by that I mean the mail_today.gif isn’t being generated and when I went looking I found this error. Not 100% certain its related to this component but it seems like it is. If it is can anyone tell me what I’m looking at? Currently on 0.1.5 if that matters.

That’s not an error from this integration, looks like it’s coming from something called gdacs.

Did you reconfigure the integration after updating per the breaking changes in the change log?