Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Seems like a bit of moving target.

The original email I received from that address had a subject:

FedEx MPS Shipment <trackingnumber> Notification

The subject of the tracking update email from that address:

Online FedEx Tracking - <trackingnumber>

What parameter name do I use for additional subjects to test with?

Current are:

FEDEX_Email = '[email protected]'
FEDEX_Delivering_Subject = 'Delivery scheduled for today'
FEDEX_Delivering_Subject_2 = 'Your package is scheduled for delivery today'
FEDEX_Delivered_Subject = 'Your package has been delivered'

Is your package coming today or in the future?

Future delivery.

It wonā€™t be tracked until the day of your delivery.

Gotchya. Iā€™ll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Wait you can set up the integration twice? With two different emails?

Yes you can.

Could you explain that process? Through Hacs and the Config Flow I donā€™t see the option. I am guessing I will need to set up the second account through YAML?

Sure thing.

1. Go to Integrations
  2. Press the +
  3. Select Mail and Packages
  4. Add your 2nd email account details.

Oh wow. That easy huh. Thank you.

1 Like
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/gdacs/__init__.py", line 165, in async_update
    await self._feed_manager.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aio_georss_client/feed_manager.py", line 46, in update
    status, feed_entries = await self._feed.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aio_georss_client/feed.py", line 64, in update
    status, rss_data = await self._fetch()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aio_georss_client/feed.py", line 104, in _fetch
    feed_data = parser.parse(text)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aio_georss_client/xml_parser/__init__.py", line 85, in parse
    postprocessor=XmlParser.postprocessor)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xmltodict.py", line 173, in parse
    handler = _DictSAXHandler(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'process_namespaces'

Hey all I havenā€™t been getting the images from USPS by that I mean the mail_today.gif isnā€™t being generated and when I went looking I found this error. Not 100% certain its related to this component but it seems like it is. If it is can anyone tell me what Iā€™m looking at? Currently on 0.1.5 if that matters.

Thatā€™s not an error from this integration, looks like itā€™s coming from something called gdacs.

Did you reconfigure the integration after updating per the breaking changes in the change log?

Hello, thanks for all the great work on this component. I been using for a while. I am trying to migrate from the old way and to install via HACS. I removed all traces of the previous install, as far as I can tell. I have added the repo to HACS and and installed the component. I am unable to get it to show up in the list of integrations to add so that I can go through the config flow. HACS seems to think it is installed. I have looked through core config files and do not see any reference to the old sensors. I have tried all sorts of restarts/reinstalls and I just canā€™t seem to find the trick. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

I donā€™t think I changed anything I have uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times with no success but other wise I havenā€™t made any changes.

Make sure the files are in your custom_components directory where you configuration lives.

You will need to click the integration from the integrations section then click the cog in the upper right and go through the configuration once more.

Also try checking the box for ā€œRandom Image Nameā€ and unchecking it on a second pass.

They are in there:

Alright did that Iā€™ll see if it picks anything up on monday.

1 Like

Itā€™s working! I guess I finally did it in the correct order.

1 Like

I thought it was working, but I am not getting the sensors created.

It runs fine when i execute test.py