Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Correct, but from what I can see it’s not causing the sensor to be updated (or at least HASS to think it is) because the state value isn’t changing. So therefore the path isn’t being updated and the automation isn’t working. Work around would be to create a template sensor to change when the attribute changes I guess.

Odd the attributes field updates and triggers the camera filename to be updated each time for me.

Beta 11 available :wink:
Gives you a toggle for the filename randomness :smiley:

2 Likes

You sir are a rock star.

Hi all! This looks great guys, so thank you! I am currently setting up and Gmail is going crazy, I am bombarded with security alerts, and had to turn on “Less Secure App Access”. Am I missing a way to do 2-factor Auth? Thanks again!

Use an App Password https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

I’m confused that you had to do something to figure out the mail_none.gif bit? The only image that needs to be referenced for any purpose is the mail_today.gif that is generated. If there is no mail the integration copies the mail_none.gof stored in the custom_component folder out to the image path in the integrations configuration as mail_today.gif or the new random UUID string naming convention.

@fuzzymistborn So what you’re saying is that Node Red requires a sensor value to change in order to trigger an automation in Node Red?

Then I guess I didn’t hahaha. I was trying to emulate this automation in NR:

https://github.com/moralmunky/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages/issues/70#issuecomment-610675419

And yes it seems that’s the case that NR requires a state change to trigger. There may be another way that I’m not familiar with.

Quick question, can anyone point me to where I need to go to change the color of the UPS, USPS, Mail, and FedEx labels on the Mail and Packages custom card? I am color blind and have a very hard time making out the words. Ideally I would like to change them to just white.

I opened the two JavaScript files in the cards folder with Notepad++ but nothing jumped out at me. Admittedly I am not entirely sure what I am looking at in those files so I may have just missed it.

Thanks!

I would assume they’re controlled by your current theme.

I have tried about 10 different themes and the colors of those words don’t change that’s why I thought maybe it had something to do with how the card was configured.

Colors are within the CSS that start on line 202 of the mail-and-packages-card.js file. The icon color is set by the theme your home assistant is using and the text for each carrier is a hyperlink and has no color customization from this card.

I haven’t worked with any HASS theming so I’m not sure what all can be defined. Like @firstof9 said colors for hyperlinks could be defined in a HASS theme, but ultimately by the browser. They should be the same color as other non style hyperlinks on other websites.

You can add the following after line 207 and customize the differs link color attributes. This should limit the changes to this card.

/* unvisited link */
        .details li a:link {
          color: red;
        }

/* visited link */
        .details li a:visited {
          color: green;
        }

/* mouse over link */
        .details li a:hover {
          color: hotpink;
        }

That did it, you sir are a rock star!

Thank you for adding the toggle for filename randomness!

Is there a way to add UPS and AMZN packages of another member in the household and merge it with my own, minus the mail pieces? This way we can get a better idea of exactly how many packages we are expecting at the house.

UPS My Choice should send you an email about any packages coming to your address no matter who’s name is on them.

As for Amazon, no but you can setup a 2nd email account and use a template to combine the 2 amazon sensors.

1 Like

If anyone is using the 0.2.0 beta version let us know how it’s working out for you.

@TheFourDees, It can, we’ll need the email address it’s coming from and the subject lines from your emails. In the meantime you can modify the const.py to add the email addresses yourself.

For Amazon.ca: [email protected]

It looks like the current address for Fedex tracking should work for Canada after all. I requested a tracking update which I received in my Inbox but after a poll the sensor still isn’t picking it up.

What’s the subject line? (Exclude any tracking numbers)