Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Refering to the ‘has shipped’ email.

Again for the delivered email, make sure the sensor is enabled in options.

@moralmunky - Thanks for updating the card. It;s working now as expected. I dont see any refrences in the readme, but is it possible to show Amazon packages like fedex, UPS, etc. on the card. I do have the custom sensor to give a statement of all packages, and it’s included there, but would be nice to add an icon and count visually too. I dont have informed delivery at my address, so for now I just added it to the USPS packages

usps_packages: sensor.mail_amazon_packages

I tried to change the name in lovelace, but that did not seem to work.

Either way, super excited to have this. Thanks!!

1 Like

Ahhh, there we go. Was that available in the pre beta or did I just completely miss the pulldown? To be honest on my HA that has a white background, the pulldown has no label so before I clicked the pulldown and checked things the whole area was blank:

The drop down is new in the beta, as well as the advanced Amazon features.

So we will call no label in white a secret feature.:slight_smile: Lovin it!!

Well it’s suppose to say “Sensor List”, sometimes the labels don’t load unless you refresh the integrations page.

I bet if you refresh the page and hit ‘Options’ it’ll say “Sensor List”.

Yep, you know it well. For the sensor.mail_amazon_packages when should that be more than zero?

The day of delivery, so if you have one delivered today AND the date matches the date in the “shipped” email, it should tick +1.

I’ve avoided Amazon because the methods did not match the accuracy or reliability of the the other shippers. You can see the activity here and in the issue section that Amazon development is picking up. Open the dust settles, I’ll probably add it in. For how you will just need to add it to Lovelace as a separate card.

1 Like

So if I’m understanding this right, I get an email that says it’s shipped and will be delivered on 7/25/2020. Then I get a delivered notice today on 7/24/2020 it won’t +1 correct? I noticed in a good way, Amazon when they are delivering usually delver a day or more ahead of the date they say.

Also what happens the day a package is shipped nothing tracked?

EDIT: And mine is even worse. My last shipment had two packages go out for the same order. One that said it would come tomorrow and one next Tuesday.

If you are renaming stuff to the old files you should start over, when and update comes out you will have to start over anyway. Use HACS and it should be installing version 0.02. That should makes everything happy and lead to seamless upgrades later.

For the rest of your question I ask that you read the integration documents. The Configuration and Email Settings and Example and Automations and Templates sections will answer your questions.

You have created the sensor templates and you don’t see them in the dropdown you can go into the code editor for the card and add them manually.

Correct, but you will get the “Amazon Delivered” ticked +1.

It will tick +1 and say you have a package coming.

Edit: Amazon is tricky because they don’t do shipping notices like the other carriers.

Did it inform you in a single email or one email for each package? If it was a single email providing the two delivery dates can you provide the body text of that emails, removing any personal information, in the open Amazon issue?

1 Like

Here is the long form scenario. Might put this in the WIKI

7/23 - Receive Amazon shipment notice that package will arrive 7/25
sensor.mail_amazon_packages - 0
sensor.mail_amazon_packages_delivered - 0

7/25 ~12:05 AM - First integration email check of the day. The Amazon shipping notification from 7/23 was is within the integrations 3 day search window so the sensor picks up the 7/25 will arrive date.
sensor.mail_amazon_packages - 1

7/25 ~4:00 PM - Internal Amazon contractor delivers the package, you receive an email with the subject started with “Delivered: Your”.
sensor.mail_amazon_packages_delivered - 1

7/26 ~12:05 - None of the dates from the email sources match the current day.

1 Like

I have an option to install .2.2-b12 and master. Regardless, I reinstalled ad get this
0.2.2-b12

Two emails. Will be a third to as one item hasn’t shipped yet so three packages for one order.

Nice so in my case I have the one you don’t have :slight_smile:

Working from the order:

7/22 placed the order
  Confirmation from: [email protected]
  Body: 
   Thank you for shopping with us. We’ll send a confirmation when your items ship.
   Details

Order 123456

Then on 7/23 I got Your Amazon.com order 123456 has shipped
Part of body:

Hi John, your package will arrive:

Tuesday, July 28

Track package

ON THE WAY

1 item

Order #123456

Then on 7/23 I get another Your Amazon.com order 123456 has shipped
Part of body:

Hi John, your package will arrive:

Tuesday, July 25

Track package

ON THE WAY

1 item

Order #123456

Today 7/24 at 8:01AM I get an email:

Body part:
    Hi John,

Your package has been delivered!

How was your delivery?

<photo>

Track your package

Order info

1 item

Order #123456
1 Like

Correct your count should be:

tomorrow will be

then on the 28th you’ll be at

and once it’s delivered on the 28th (assuming it isn’t delivered early)

That is the version number for the integration, not the card. I thought you were trouble shooting the card.They are not the same.

Oh lol that’s my bad I thought you were talking about the integration. Can I add the repo for the card to HACS as well, just like the integration or is it manual install only? Also for the integration do you guys recommend latest or master?