Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

I don’t mean email address, I mean it scans looking for a second email document. I have one which includes both letter and package information

Please see the wiki, it answers your questions quite well.

I’ve read through. I understand that this module is looking for the package email from usps as a discrete unique email. I’m telling you that they did not email me in this way.

They have combined the message into a single email with 2 sections. The first has the mail images, the second has any packages to be delivered that day with tracking numbers.

Just noting this could be an update that needs to occur. If you choose not to support this, that’s fine. Just asking a question that led to my own investigation and now a suggestion.

I can submit a formal feature request, was just trying to get a lead on this before doing so.

Thanks

What you are describing sounds like the informed delivery updates email, which is enabled via this setting:

For packages you’d want to enable the addition settings:

These emails are the ones with the specifics like “out for delivery” and “delivered”.

Just to check the Unavailable for all my entitiles and hence no notices is still being worked on correct? My logs seem to just show that it’s taking more than 10 seconds to start this component over and over in the logs.

If you’re using the latest beta version, there was a breaking change in the change log.

:boom: Breaking Change :boom:

Due to more unique ids being generated, your old sensors will need to be removed and new sensors renamed.
Rare cases you’ll need to remove the integration and re-add it.

I’ll check my variables but how do I check if I’m on the beta version or not?

Update: Variables are all the same but have _2 added to the end of each one for some reason now.

Correct, remove the ones that say “Restored” or “Unavailable” and rename the ones with _2 by removing the _2. This was due to the unique id not being unique enough. :wink:

Alright giving up and asking for help. I was rearranging displays and deleted the card. Followed the instructions in the wiki to add it via HACS and when I put the config in Lovelace nothing appears. I’m not getting an error saying card doesn’t exist so I think I added the card properly I’m just not getting anything at all. Any ideas?

I’ve cleared my browser cache, reloaded the card, reinstalled the card, restarted multiple times,

There were recent changes to HA that broke many custom cards.

Mine disappeared as well after a recent update to 0.116.x I was still able to see it in the code editor so I deleted the yamo for the card and added one of the examples from the wiki until it gets fixed.

I’ve submitted a PR to fix the card.

Edit: And it’s merged, that should fix you right up.

1 Like

Thanks I forgot this last update broke a bunch of stuff.

After updating to 116.x non of the entities were valid (and yes I was using _2). I uninstalled/reinstalled the component with no change. The integration is not showing any entities. I did make sure I selected the entities I needed when installing the component.

What’s your Home Assistant log say?

I’m getting the following :

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: custom_components/mail_and_packages/sensor.py:990
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:35:51 AM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:27:44 PM
Error while setting up mail_and_packages platform for sensor

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 193, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/config/custom_components/mail_and_packages/sensor.py", line 74, in async_setup_entry
    sensors.append(PackagesSensor(data, variable, unique_id))
  File "/config/custom_components/mail_and_packages/sensor.py", line 208, in __init__
    self.update()
  File "/config/custom_components/mail_and_packages/sensor.py", line 262, in update
    self.data.update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 239, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/mail_and_packages/sensor.py", line 143, in update
    count[sensor] = get_items(account, ATTR_COUNT, self._amazon_fwds)
  File "/config/custom_components/mail_and_packages/sensor.py", line 990, in get_items
    dateobj = datetime.datetime.strptime(arrive_date, "%A, %B %d")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/_strptime.py", line 568, in _strptime_datetime
    tt, fraction, gmtoff_fraction = _strptime(data_string, format)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/_strptime.py", line 349, in _strptime
    raise ValueError("time data %r does not match format %r" %
ValueError: time data 'October 26 be' does not match format '%A, %B %d'

and

Logger: frontend.js.latest.202010012
Source: components/system_log/__init__.py:193
First occurred: 11:38:10 AM (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:38:15 AM

https://myzl.duckdns.org:8123/hacsfiles/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card-editor.js:416:17 TypeError: property "packages_in_transit" is non-configurable and can't be deleted
    https://myzl.duckdns.org:8123/hacsfiles/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card-editor.js:416:17 TypeError: property "fedex_packages" is non-configurable and can't be deleted
    https://myzl.duckdns.org:8123/hacsfiles/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card-editor.js:416:17 TypeError: property "ups_packages" is non-configurable and can't be deleted
    https://myzl.duckdns.org:8123/hacsfiles/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card-editor.js:416:17 TypeError: property "usps_packages" is non-configurable and can't be deleted
    https://myzl.duckdns.org:8123/hacsfiles/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card-editor.js:416:17 TypeError: property "usps_mail" is non-configurable and can't be deleted

Looks like you have an amazon email that has an odd date format.

OK I turned off the amazon sensors and the entities appeared although the camera entity is showing images from Oct 16th, and I got a usps email Oct 17th that isn’t reflected. The mail updated is showing the correct date and time for the last check.

I’m not sure which amazon date format is odd as I’m not seeing anything that jumps out.

Normally it says something like “Monday, October 19” your’s for some reason has a date of October 26th according to the error. That’s way out of the norm for Amazon.

I’m trying to add the Delivery Summary Text Sensor Template (example) in my configuration.yaml and keep getting an error:

Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while parsing a block mapping in "/config/configuration.yaml", line 3, column 1 expected <block end>, but found '-' in "/config/configuration.yaml", line 67, column 1
Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while scanning a simple key in "/config/configuration.yaml", line 72, column 9 could not find expected ':' in "/config/configuration.yaml", line 73, column 11
Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while parsing a block mapping in "/config/configuration.yaml", line 55, column 5 expected <block end>, but found '-' in "/config/configuration.yaml", line 67, column 5

I’m putting this after an existing sensor in that file, but have also tried to replicate the indent I see the other sensors have used, but still get the error. Any advice?