Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

ah they’re both gmail accounts? (guess I should have thought of that)
Could you please open a issue on github for tracking, I’ll tackle this in the morning :slight_smile:

Yes. No worries lol

Will do

1 Like

Is the amazon tracking working, I have multiple emails with deliveries for the past couple days, but the sensor doesn’t update.

Are you running the latest beta or 0.2.1 ?

Can someone please take a look at my automation for mail deliveries message. It never seems to trigger on its own but when I manually execute it it does what it’s supposed to.

- alias: "Mail Notif - Mail Delieveries"
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
  #Trigger if mail or packages get updated
    - platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.mail_usps_mail
    - platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.mail_usps_delivering
  #send only if mail or packages are more than 0
  condition:
    - condition: or
      conditions:
        - condition: template
          value_template: "{{ ((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.sensor.mail_usps_mail.last_changed)) < 15 and sensor.mail_usps_mail > 0) }}"
        - condition: template
          value_template: "{{ ((as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(states.sensor.mail_packages_in_transit_combined.last_changed)) < 15 and sensor.mail_packages_in_transit_combined > 0) }}"
  action:
    - service: notify.all_phones
      data_template:
        title: "*Today's Mail and Packages*"

It’s only looking for USPS mail and USPS packages to trigger off of.

1 Like

Ahh I didn’t realize that. I copied this straight from the github page.

But if that’s the case then I think it still should have triggered both yesterday and today. sensor.mail_usps_mail read 1 package yesterday and 2 today.

Change the 2nd trigger sensor to sensor.mail_packages_in_transit_combined (not 100% sure about this sensor since it looks custom) and it should trigger anytime a new “package out for delivery” happens.

1 Like

I added that as another trigger. I’ll see if it works tomorrow. Thank you

I’m running 0.2.1

I believe the issues with Amazon were squashed in the beta version.
0.2.2 is almost ready, pending a few bugs/features to verify :slight_smile:

:+1: Awesome, thanks.

FedEx doesn’t seem to be working either.

US? Canada?
What’s the from address showing?

US
[email protected]

Does the info match what’s in the table in the wiki here? Mainly the subject bits, since we verified the from address.

EDIT: Please raise an issue on github so I get a reminder if it’s still not working.

Sorry, no the info doesn’t match the wiki, thanks for pointing that out, just starting to understand the inner workings of the component.

“The scheduled delivery of your package from “shipper name” has been updated to:”

Thanks for verifying and reporting back.

Very new to this integration, as in I installed it last night :slight_smile:, but I’m already impressed!! Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to be pulling my USPS Package status. My email shows 1 package for delivery today, my card shows 0, but it has today’s USPS mail.

Any ideas?

— EDIT —

Just had a look myself, it appears this integration is expecting me to have 2 emails, 1 for mail, 1 for packages. I have 1 email for mail and packages… is this in the works?

I have one email for everything, but there is a place for another email for amazon, which I never figured out/