Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

If it doesn’t show a count, check the troubleshooting section of the wiki, and follow the “Enable Debugging” steps, that information gives you insight into what’s going on under the hood.

Be warned it’s a lot of data, but super handy if something’s not working right.

1 Like

V 0.2.2 is the last version that is working for me. The three 0.3.0 beta versions result in all the sensors unavailable. Since there is a change to now use the Home Assistant’s Data Coordinator for sensor updates is there another step I need to do that I’m missing in the setup?

Do you get any errors in your log when this occurs?

No additional steps should be required, it is working fine in my dev instance of HA.

Yup this is the current release or “stable” version. :slight_smile:

b0 works for me but b1 and b2 I get all sensors unavailable as well

Try b3, there was a typo that I’ve fixed.

Just tried b3. Sensors are still unavailable.

Logger: custom_components.mail_and_packages
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:148
Integration: Mail and Packages (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:21:59 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:21:59 PM
Timeout fetching Mail and Packages (pop-server.rochester.rr.com) data 

Does their pop host support imap?

B3 worked for me

Excellent, thank you for the confirmation.

Apparently it does since it has been working up through 0.2.2 with the emails being left on the server and it fails when I use the server from the Spectrum tutorial. It has been quite confusing since Time Warner became Spectrum.

I’m running 0.3.0-b3 and my sensors are also unavailable.

I’ll get that fixed. Thank you.

Should be fixed in b4.

Still doesn’t work with b4. Then when I changed server, I get this message:

Logger: custom_components.mail_and_packages
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:148
Integration: Mail and Packages (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:22:48 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:22:48 PM
Timeout fetching Mail and Packages (mail.twc.com) data 

FYI, I restored back to master and everything works OK with mail.twc.com.

You’ll need to look at the actual log file.

b4 worked. my sensors are back. thanks!

1 Like

any reason i would have mine saying one file name in the sensor and creating a different file name for the mail image(s)?

The attributes update when the image updates. What are you seeing?

I spoke too soon. Using b4, my sensors are available, but they all report 0 entities and I noticed that the emails are all unread in my inbox. I don’t see any errors in the logs, but I have not enabled debug logging.

I did enable debugging, but I’m not getting any debug logs

2020-12-08 09:11:20 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] No mail found.
2020-12-08 09:11:26 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.update_usps_mail_camera] Update USPS Mail Camera: Running automation actions
2020-12-08 09:11:26 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.update_usps_mail_camera] Update USPS Mail Camera: Executing step call service
2020-12-08 09:16:26 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] No mail found.
2020-12-08 09:16:32 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.update_usps_mail_camera] Update USPS Mail Camera: Running automation actions
2020-12-08 09:16:32 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.update_usps_mail_camera] Update USPS Mail Camera: Executing step call service