Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

yes.

What’s odd, is it does work as a template.

Try:

file_path: >
          {{ states('sensor.mail_image_system_path') }}

I’ve been following, and I got the automation to work, but the state value is wrong.

alias: Update USPS Mail Camera
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.mail_usps_mail
action:
  - service: local_file.update_file_path
    data:
      file_path: |
        {{ states('sensor.mail_image_system_path') }}
    entity_id: camera.mail_usps
mode: single

If you fire the automation manually, it’ll sync up, it should be firing when the sensor updates. I’m confirming this now, just waiting for my up date timer to go off.

EDIT: oh your filename became out of sync, I think this happens on restart. I saw the same thing, still confirming.

EDIT 2: Yup looks like the sensor isn’t updating properly, I’ll get it sorted.

@mbaran5 @Michael_Griffin, b35 should resolve this now. :slight_smile:

That did it for me, thanks for the quick response.

1 Like

ditto, works here now. Thanks for this and all of the other little fixes over the last couple weeks.

Now - I can’t wait for homekit camera to be working I would be so stoked.

1 Like

On latest beta and email from USPS come in today and showed I had 10 pieces of mail. 9 of the 10 were there and the 10th it couldn’t display. Probably the usual larger item they can’t scan. That said, I got an email telling me we have 10 pieces of mail today and shows that in HA, but the image shows No Mail. Any thoughts?

The image file name wasn’t getting updated, try the latest beta.

On the latest b35 beta, the mail count was correct but no pictures of the mail. I just see that b36 has been release. I’ll update and revise the comment after it loads.
Picture shows no mail. Not sure if it is a timing issue due to it was checked before. The email shows the pictures.

I’m running the latest beta, I get the count and the images.

On 0.3.0-b36. Rebooted. Shows No Mail. Not sure if it has to check again. Already knows how much mail is coming today.

Did you adjust your automation to update the image name for the camera?

The image is showing:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 113028 Jan 20 17:39 42cfdefa-9321-4ce4-9992-a5fd61bd900a.gif

Which isn’t right. I don’t have it set to have a rotating guid. So maybe it has to update next time?

This is now the default per the breaking changes.

Please feel free to comment on github here.

So there is no way to use the single image anymore? I don’t see the value in a rotating name. Is someone afraid of security of their mail and has this and other HA info exposed?

Note I’ve stepped back some beta versions for now. Tried updating the image based on some of the wiki code that shows how to update the image and HA keeps complaining about a key problem.

Mine only shows count. Worked fine before yesterday’s update. Did I need to change something on the last beta?

Check your www/mail_and_packages/ directory for the gif file.

The photo in there is for the no mail. What I meant above is when I updated maybe the photo got over written. I usually get an email from usps between 7 and 9 AM. Not sure when the program checks an updates the file? Also it would be nice if it could also update the amazon picture. The picture in there is from the last time Amazon delivered (three days ago) with their carrier, which may have nothing to do with the lastest shipment from them as they use several carriers.
Let me see what happens this morning.

I’ve noticed that recently I get false alerts when I receive emails from amazon. Might just be me though. I created an automation to send me alerts when the amazon delivered sensor changes. and it’s after sunrise. Problem is, I get an email; from amazon, saying you’re package has been shipped (not coming today for sure), and then get an alert. I will admit that I have mostly just been ignoring this, but today decied to look closer to see if it was my automation, etc. I’ll keep an eye out for next time I order from amazon. Just wondering if there have been changes, or if others are noticing the amazon packages delivered sensor showing false positives based on “package sent” emails.

I am running - 0.3.0-b36