Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

So all the sensors show up with 0 except a couple “unavailable” ?

The sensors all have values of either 0 or unavailable.

What do you have the “Scanning Interval” set to?

30 minutes. I’ve tried from 5 to 60.

With debugging on, I’d need to see the whole log to see exactly what’s happening.

That was it. Fixed it Working now.

So I went and re-enabled debugging and noticed there was no errors in the log this time. Sensors were not working still but not gmail error. Then noticed the _2 sensors had been created so deleted the integration, extra sensors, re-added and all is good again.

I’ve no idea what caused this or why it fixed itself. Possibly something on the gmail side rate limited or blocked the request?

Thanks for your help! Really appreciated.

Hard to say, I don’t recall adjusting the unique_ids on sensors as of late so it shouldn’t have been an issue.

Glad it’s working again!

How can I show the message that says how many mail and packages I am getting today in the lovelace card?

anybody have an idea?

Sorry I have no idea.

After the latest update I am getting

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.mail_and_packages
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:219
Integration: Mail and Packages (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 8:39:13 PM (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:43:20 PM

Error fetching Mail and Packages (smtp.gmail.com) data: list index out of range

All sensors are missing.

Check your actual log file for the full error.

I copied this from the configuration / logs. Where do you want me to get more information? In the integration it says retrying setup:none.

Your home-assistant.log file is where all the juicy details are located.

From home-assistant.log

2021-10-12 20:39:13 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.mail_and_packages] Error fetching Mail and Packages (smtp.gmail.com) data: list index out of range
2021-10-12 20:39:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry 'smpt.gmail.com' for mail_and_packages integration not ready yet: None; Retrying in background

Looks like the same information to me.

Interesting that there’s no stack trace, must be masked by the data coordinator.

Anyways, this usually happens if your imap connection drops out before the process is completed, try increasing the IMAP timeout setting.

I am using smpt. image

SMTP is used for sending mail not receiving it.

You are correct. I have imap at 993. Nothing changed on my end. Looks like it is a beta issue. V17 works. Tried to update to 20 again and it did not work. Currently trying 19, rebooted and it works also. Not sure if the issue is related to the latest HA (10.4) or beta 20 or something else.? I am going to leave it on 19 for now.