Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

I’m using gMail. In order for it to pick up the images for USPS informed delivery, I have to go mark that notification from USPS as unread, and then it will pick it up and pull the images out and show up again.

Very strange, at no point are we searching for any unread messages.

The only searches we do are FROM , SUBJECT, and SINCE.

Ok, so how do we fix it?

What version of the integration are you using?

0.3.4-b17 if I’m reading it right?

Try the latest beta.

I’ve been running this integration for ages with no issue, but over the last couple of days have been hitting various issues with the sensors not being available and errors in the logs.

On the Configuration->Integrations page, the M&P integration has an exclamation mark and says: “Retrying setup: None”.

In the logs I have:

[custom_components.mail_and_packages] Error updating sensor data: module 'resizeimage.resizeimage' has no attribute 'resize_contain'

None of the expected sensors are available. I’ve tried completely removing the integration, then removing from HACS, re-adding to HACS, adding the integration, and restarting HA.

I’m on the latest non-beta version, and HA version is 2022.2.9 (Container).

It sounds like one of the requirements didn’t install properly/fully, you could try restarting your container.

I tried that but didn’t work. Also tried:

1. Remove from Integrations and from HACS
  2. Manually delete the folder inside /custom_components
  3. Restart HA
  4. Install integration through HACS
  5. Restart HA
  6. Add and configure integration

Still getting that same error. Is the ‘resizeimage’ component installed with M&P or should it be part of the core HA installation?

Thanks.

It should be automatically installed by HA as it’s in the manifest.json file.

Stopped and removed the HA container, removed the actual HA docker image, pulled it again, started it up - all fine now.

Odd, but working now. Thanks again.

1 Like

Can´t add Amazon Forwarded Email. It says:

User input malformed: expected str for dictionary value @ data[‘amazon_fwds’]

I typed: [email protected]

Don’t add amazon domains as forwards.

Starting this morning, all sensors show unavailable. No updates or changes made. Anyone else having this issue?

Nope, working fine here.

Any recommendations on how to fix it? I just updated haos and core hoping that would fix it. No love.

Check your log for error messages.

Did that. Was saying it was unable to connect to Google’s imap server. Then it started working again - all by itself - a few hours later. Going to chalk it up to Google having issues.

I don’t think this is Google having issues. Randomly, for several hours per day, multiple times per day, mail and packages will say “unavailable”. This is very frustrating.

I suspect I may have something else going on, but I don’t know enough about any of this to troubleshoot.

Here is a screenshot of my log:

Can anyone assist?

#1 Please don’t post images of log text, just copy/paste the text. Thank you.

Secondly, it looks like your device Home Assistant is running on is loosing the network connection.