Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

I just installed the v8.0 Custom Card (BETA).
Is there a place where I can find out more information on it.
Thanks

Check the card’s github repo?

Found the repo but the new BETA card looks totally different and ther is no mention of it at
https://github.com/moralmunky/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages-Custom-Card

Even the repo files are over a year old.
Am I missing something?

Looks like v0.8 is the latest and it was release nearly 1 year ago.

I don’t think that’s it… I can watch those logs in real time. Plus it’s hardwired, it’s not WiFi, so I don’t know how it could be losing connectivity? What points you to that conclusion?

Haven’t had time to continue working on the beta. Should be fully functional for US shippers and some international. There were many international monitors added through the year that are not accounted for.

1 Like

Your connection to homekit and IPP dies at the same time and from the “unclosed connection” messages a few other things as well.

I just checked my logs this morning, and the homekit errors are gone. I did some cleanup last night. I had a dead homekit integration in there for a device that no longer existed - so I removed that device.

Any idea how I can begin troubleshooting this?

Enable debugging and post the logs.

I updated to the latest version and now my sensors are gone. When I go to reconfigure the component, I get the following error: User input malformed: expected str for dictionary value @ data[‘amazon_fwds’]

I am not using any amazon sensors. I only use/get the USPS sensors. Please help! Thanks in advance

Input "" into the “Amazon Forwards” configuration:

1 Like

Thank you!!

Noticed today this wasn’t working. Tried downgrading a version and still no joy. Went to reconfigure and am getting unable to connect to the mail server. I know google has been messing with the auth stuff is this related? Any fix?

Working fine here, check your mail server settings and the home-assistant.log file.

1 Like

Any idea why after my last reboot I’m getting this?

2022-06-15 18:45:07 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Network error while connecting to server: [Errno -3] Try again

I’m literally remoted into the HA server and pulling it up thru a browser which is an external link.

Usually the -3 error is a DNS error.

Yeah this is really weird. When I login to the Ubuntu server I can ping the sites it says it can’t connect to so don’t get it. If I restart HA thru the web, not the whole virtual, it works fine. Just started today. This is running on a 24 core server that is sleeping for the most part right now.

I am still fighting with mine. Logs are giving me an invalid login credentials error, failed to connect to IMAP server. Kinda odd since I never even touch this email account all it does is this integration.

If you are using gmail you need to setup an App Password.

That seems to have done it:)