Make a dumb doorbell smart with Shelly 1

Looks like the ip address of the Shelly is not correct. Can you login to the Shelly using that ip address? And is it a fixed ip set in your router?

Yes the IP-address is fixed! I am also able to ping from Home Assistant the Shelly.

This is the output when I browse to the: http://MY_IP/settings/relay/0
{ā€œnameā€:null,ā€œappliance_typeā€:ā€œGeneralā€,ā€œisonā€:false,ā€œhas_timerā€:false,ā€œdefault_stateā€:ā€œswitchā€,ā€œbtn_typeā€:ā€œtoggleā€,ā€œbtn_reverseā€:0,ā€œauto_onā€:0.00,ā€œauto_offā€:0.00,ā€œpowerā€:0.00,ā€œscheduleā€:false,ā€œschedule_rulesā€:[]}

That looks good. Can you remove the username and password on the Shelly and in the config to see if it works then?

Without username/password itā€™s working! Thanks!!

Is it possible to get it work with authenticationā€¦?

Issues are back after a reboot of Home Assistant. 50% of the time working, 50% not working with the message: "No route to resource/endpoint: http://MY_IP/settings/relay/0ā€. The username/password are removed.

All, I think is solved my issue. I am using a raspberry pi. It took more than 10 seconds to start the switch rest module (error in the logs). I added the parameter: ā€œtimeout: 90ā€ to the script. It now waits 90 seconds. Rebooted 6 times, keeps working now with username/password!

Good day, Iā€™m not able to get the chime sound working through the Shelly 1 with my doorbell although I do have the push button detected in HA and I have the chime status switch set to ā€˜onā€™. Can someone kindly give me some pointers? I have an American style doorbell if it helps. Please let me know what I can provide to help you help me :slight_smile: as Iā€™d really like to get this working.

Iā€™ve been looking at doing this with my doorbell but I have an issue in that my doorbell has the transformer built into it.

In mine I have 240v in (live and neutral) and then have two wires to go to the press switch.
Any idea how I could get this to work with mine. I donā€™t really want to go about installing separate boxes next to my doorbell chime.

Iā€™m using a Marmitek Buzz LO doorbell, but canā€™t seem to get itā€™s notification to HA. Now I was wondering if using a Shelly is possible in this setup.
The problem is that the Buzz LO needs a minimum of 8v AC and doesnā€™t work on 12v DC.

Is there any way to integrate the shelly? It doesnā€™t have to ring the doorbell (the Buzz LO does already), it only has to register a doorbell press.

Current connection scheme:

Hello, this is a really very interesting thread here. :slight_smile: I have already read a little, but still do not quite understand what I can do in my case.
We have a Siedle door intercom with a door loudspeaker (TL), a door opener (TƖ) and two in-house telephones (HT) and a power supply unit (NG).
We live for rent and unfortunately I only have the possibility to connect the Shelly to one of the two in-house telephones (HT). Since it happens to us regularly that our little daughter is woken up by the ringing, I would like to be able to simply deactivate this via the Shelly if necessary and be notified via Homeassistant when the doorbell rings.

This is the original wiring diagram from Siedle. Unfortunately, I canā€™t quite figure it out. Maybe someone of you can help me which possibilities I have with it and what I have to do for it.

Ok, it looks like the outputs on the power supply (NG) are as follows.
b & c: 12 V AC, 1,6 A AC
9 & +: 23,3 V DC, 0,3 A DC

The door opener (TƖ) arrives at the in-house telephones (HT) via their connection I & 8. And it looks like 12V is applied over it when the door opener getā€™s pushed?

The bell (LW) is also connected to the 12V terminals b & c of the power supply (NG).
These also lead to ports I & 8 of the in-house telephones (HT) if the doorbell is operated?

Btw. ERT stands for ā€œFloor call buttonā€ (Etagen Ruf Taste) und LW is the actual ā€œBellā€ (LeuteWerk).

I opened a HT here once and took a picture of the current wiring. Inside the phone is also once again a wiring diagram. You can also see the bell (LW) inside the HT in the form of the small solenoid in the upper right corner.

It looks like the originally posted schematic is not quite correct, as the HT has some of the connections missing that are shown there. :-/

Hey,

Did you happen to find a solution to integrate shelly into the intercom?

Hello Chris,
Iā€™ve never found a solution for my intercom.
For what Iā€™ve read (and tested) the Bticino intercom system has a constant 27v on all the lines. When you push the bell button there is a change in the frequency, same for pushing the open button.

Works, my 30 years+ old doorbell is smart. But take Shelly username and password into account for doorbell on/off switch :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If I press the button very quickly, the bell is still ringing, but the status is not send to HA. Is there someting I can adjust (without switching to MQTT)?

Iā€™m using the core shelly integration. Button is set as Toggle switch with auto off after 0.5 seconds (no changes with 1 second). And because of this I donā€™t really understand, what is happening then and there, because every press should let the switch go on for 0.5/1 second. CoIoT unicast is set.

Is the bell ring only a physical transfer and the binary is only computed when I press longer than milliseconds?

Thatā€™s what I noticed as well. You can check the last part of the opening post where I have written down some solutions for this.

1 Like

Yes, saw this but wasnā€™t sure if this was the last status of information. Thanks for this. Thought about the OUTPUT SWITCHED ON URL already as well (but not via PHP server and using the HA API directly, not possible?), but was not sure if this is triggered then or only with same ā€œlongā€ presses as HA is getting it.

But I still wonder, what is happeding internally, that the bell is ringing, but on is not set (for the set seconds).

I think you can make a webhook to trigger the HA API directly.
I used a PHP page which uses curl to trigger the HA API before I switched to using the MQTT solution. Not sure why the button behaves like that, but with this workaround you will catch every press of the button no matter how short it is.

Thanks again. Will try it either or. Just setup MQTT and got a first message. Otherwise, it is somehow overkill for a single message to set this up, because beside that I donā€™t use/nee MQTT (till now). :joy:

Perhaps I will give ShellyforHass another try and look if this behavior is there now as well. Had this, before I have just removed it to replace with core. Either this problem was not there or I didnā€™t only notice it.

I am using ShellyforHass, so the problem is also there :wink: