Make rest API call or similar from Android tv device?

Hey guys,

Does anybody have an idea on how I could achieve the following:

I have a Google Chromecast with TV device,

I have buttons on the remote I don’t use, for example the power button and input button, as Google doesn’t have IR codes for my TV. My TV can be controlled by home assistant though… So I’m looking for a way to make a call to Home Assistant from.the Google TV device when I press the buttons.

I have Button Remapper working fine, so now I need an “action” that I can use to interact with Home Assistant !

Any ideas?

Looks like tasker isn’t available in Google tv…

Edit:

So looks like button remapper can make simple rest / http calls, but I dont think it can handle more complex things…

he this mite give you some ideas

I two have a chromecast on my TV

if send spotify sound to it it turn on the TV and changes to the right input
that could be that the TV is only 3 year old.

It’s okay but I prefer on the network layer, the button creates an intent in Android, so I should be able to have an app communicate with home assistant when that button is pressed… Just a battery of figuring out how… Maybe I can sideload tasker?
Update:

I was able to sideload tasker over ADB IP and then used Vysor to go through tasker as normal and setup some variables for HA, then created my two tasks, one for lights and one for the tv power, then I was able to map the button presses to the tasker tasks and it all works perfectly !!

I’ll upload a video tomorrow !