Make website and Home Assistant Web UI icons distinguishable from each other (avoid browser tab confusion)

I have the bad habit of keeping tons of open tabs in Chrome and lately most of them are related to Home Assistant. Since the website’s icon is the same as HA’s web interface, you can’t tell which one is which.

I end up leaving lots of tabs pointing to my RPI4 running HA open and I suspect this is contributing to the exhaustion of resources with eventual unresponsiveness requiring a reboot.

Regardless of whether this is the cause or not, it would be nice to be able to spot which tabs are the site and which are the local install.

Wish granted GitHub - thomasloven/hass-favicon: 🔹 Change the favicon of your Home Assistant instance

1 Like

Awesome that there is a workaround, and I will try to follow the instructions (I am new to HASS). However, it would be nice for it to be a tad bit easier to do.

Pretty sure this FR came up ages ago.

1 Like

I forgot the icon was called favicon so I had not found it in my search. I think the previous feature request you may be recalling is this one: