Manual Alarm - include triggering sensor in notification without dummy sensor?

Hi All

I have previously had luck with including a sensor name in automations with the “{{ trigger.from_state.attributes.friendly_name }}” template.

Now however, I have setup a manual alarm panel in HA. Functionally this is setup with different automations triggering the alarm based on different sensors, depending on whether the alarm is in armed_away_ or armed_home. This puts the alarm in a pending state. Then I have another automation that is triggered by the alarm panel entering the “triggered” state. This causes the “{{ trigger.from_state.attributes.friendly_name }}” to simply return my alarm panel entity name. This is understandable, but not what I want.

I have found what seems like a functional solution here: Notification to State Which Sensor Triggered Manual Alarm - #6 by zoogara by use of a dummy device tracker using mqtt. This seems like it would work well. But the solution is a bit old, and thought perhaps the alarm panel kept track of what triggered it which I could then retrieve for a notification without a manually added dummy sensor.