Manually change attribute of Fronius Ohmpilot with button

Hi,

Is there a way how to manually (with a button on dashboard) change status of attribute for sensor?
Fronius Ohmpilot has 5 attributes.
(up_and_running, keep_minimum_temperature, legionella_protection, critical_fault, fault, boost_mode)

The "boost_mode"does a thing where the ohmpilot send full power to the immersion heater whether there is surplus of energy from PV or not.
I need to be able to manually set this boost mode by a button on dashboard.

When I tried create automation / helper I am not able to choose Ohmpiot.sprava_stavu as I guess it was mentioned be just for reading not writing.

1 Like

I was also thinking of getting an ohmplit but wasnt sure what functionality is provided since the official documentation doesnt state any setable values:

Ohmpilot

Detailed information about energy, power, and temperature of your Ohmpilots. Updated every minute.

Since im planning to implement a feature which is a like yours Im also interested if thats possible.
Hope this gets more attention since I couldnt gind anything related to this wxcept your post

The API used in the Fronius integration is purely read-only.
Maybe Modbus can be used to write things to Fronius devices. Have a look at the devices manual and Modbus register tables if there are any hints.

I was able to find a workaround.
I created button and calling restful command:

rest_command:
	setboost:
	url: ‘http://ipofdevice/setboost.cgi'
	method: “get”

With the first press it enables Boost Mode, with second it disable Boost. With the rest command it also works if you call the service from different location.