Map questions

I’ve created 3 persons for my family with 2 kind of devices - Router based device_tracker and from IOS/Andoind.
I customized every person entity with icon: and name: attributes
I created 3 zones for Home, Work and School

1. Can I remove Map panel from menu - It’s confusing, because I created dedicated Lovelace Map card on dedicated View
  2. I’d like see Icons for devices or persons on the map (I didn’t use picture:) - but now device or person is shown as Initials only. Is it possible to show icons?
  3. I’d like to see zones and persons locations on the map. Because now if everyone is at home or work or school - map is filled with zones only and it’s unclear - where are all people :slight_smile:
  4. If there is no way to show person on the map near Home and I have to use device_tracker for this scenario - picture: is the only way to visualize the device_tracker? icon: doesn’t work? Right?

Yes. Remove map: from your configuration.yaml

OK? That’s the reason the map is there.

When my wife or son are at his school, I see 2 people at school zone. If I am at work, I see my person at work. The only zone that hides should be the home zone.

How else would you track a device without a device tracker??? Of course it requires a device tracker to show a person on the map.

Further,
If you show the person’s device tracker as an entity it will tell you that BOB is home/away/school/work/the local cake shop
It is desighed for home automation so the heater comes on as you leave work between 4 and 6
Or you get a notification that the kids have arrived / left school or are hanging out at “Moe’s Alcoholic And Hard Drug Emporium” (other hostelries are available) okay, this last is not a home automation use, but you can then ring the kids to order you a beer as you’ll be there in 10 mins.

1 Like

I was asking about Person.Bob or Device_Tracker.Bob entities.
Person is hidden on the map by Home zone, Device_Tracker is not. For my configuration.

I’d like to use Person and keep it visible.