Mapping Alexa devices into Home Assistant

Using Emulated Hue I can see in Alexa the Home Automation entities within Devices and I am able to control them. For example, I am able to control the GPIO pins On/Off. So, from Alexa I am able to control Raspi GPIO pins. Great.

But now I also want to the opposite meaning, I want to expose my Alexa enabled devices to Home Assistant. I want, for example, to detect my presence home by asking my router about my Mac Address and turn On the Hall light. I already can do this by controlling the GPIO pins with a relay but I want to use the Wifi controlled lamp I have in the hallway.

Is this possible, a reverse Emulated Hue ?

Thanks

This is a little confusing. Home Assistant has presence detection and light components that probably can do what you’re asking - detect presence and control lights. It’s unclear what Alexa has to do with this.

What type of “wifi controlled lamp”? One of these?

To answer your question, no it’s not possible to have a “reverse emulated_hue”. The Home Assistant Alexa relationship is one way. With that said, if Alexa supports your device, chances are Home Assistant will too.

Nope, they only support Google Assistant and Alexa.

Thanks for answering.

i dont think that there are lights that ONLY can be controlled by speech.
normally there is an app for the lights and a skill for alexa.
almost none of the devices that are used in HA are not “supported” by the device itself.

you might want to share which lights you have so people can tell you how to connect them in HA.
there is no way to detect which devices are connected to Alexa at the moment.

Gladly. I am using all the components from Itead - https://www.itead.cc/smart-home.html

As these components are only controlled by Alexa or Google, I would like to control them from Home Assistant. I already asked the manufacturer about this possibility.

Thanks.

like i said also those components are controlled by an APP, not just google home and Alexa.
and you can forget about it that a manufacturer will spend time to give you the possibilitie to use it with home assistant.

and when i look at the page that you linked, its mostly sonoff.
and there are a lot of people using those with homeassistant

Two options, flash all the devices to run custom firmware like Tasmota which then renders your app useless but offers many other features unavailable as standard, most usefully full control and feedback of the state to HA.

OR

If your happy how they are now, which I suspect you are, use Alexa to trigger an HA script through emulated_hue which tells IFTTT to turn on the light…

I haven’t tried this, just Googled it to see if it was possible.

3 Likes

Rene, yes, it’s Sonoff but how is people using Sonoff with Home Assistant ? I don’t see them having any component for it and I am not confortable to hack them. OK, I will buy one just for trial. Is this the only way to go, through hack ?

Bobby, thanks for the suggestion. I see now that ewelink supports IFTTT. Last time I checked it didn’t so from here maybe there is a path.

Thanks for the suggestion.

i guess bobby gave better answers then i did :wink:
i dont own any sonoff, but i saw them come by on the forum more then enough, thats why i know it must be possible.
i didnt know if it was needed to hack and if there were already more options.

keep on searching on the forum for sonoff and i am sure you will find several possible solutions, maybe with hacking or without.
but i hope that the path that bobby gave you is working for you.

1 Like

Wish this were true. The number of devices I have where it’s not is growing rapidly…

Iotty
C by GE

Just to name a couple.

1 Like

Yeah these C by GE switches and such appear to be wifi and there is no config for those as yet.

100% agreed. I have 100+ Lanbon L6 switches in my house that are Amazon Echo enabled but not Home Assistant. I also have Remootio devices that are Amazon enabled but not Home Assistant.