Markdown-mod - Improve the built-in markdown card

DEPRECATED

All functions of this plugin are now included (and improved) in Home Assistant 0.98 or later

Installing this plugin will make all your markdown cards behave differently.

You can have them use dynamic content:

Or use ha-icons:

5 Likes

Yay a markdown card that supports icons, you are a hero. Thnx

@thomasloven Does this ‘replace’ your other card, useful-markdown-card?

As this seems to be exactly that but then for core markdown cards right?

Yes it does @jimz011 see his github page for the useful-markdown-card. https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-useful-markdown-card

new header:

useful-markdown-card

This is deprecated - Use markdown-mod instead

1 Like

Ah I hadn’t checked that page yet, thanks a lot. Very nice the addition of icons, was looking for it for a while, but only seemed possible with images. This is great, gonna change the card immediately :stuck_out_tongue:

This looks great.

So I have changed all my cards that used the old useful markdown card to this one and it is working great. The icon functionality is cool, however I face a bug with the icons. When I refresh the page all is fine, but when I switch view and then back to the view with the markdown card it will not show the icon but will show the code instead:

<ha-icon icon="mdi:check-circle"></ha-icon> Alles is rustig, er zijn geen meldingen

It is gone after a refresh. I have tried it on Safari, the iOS 2.0 app and on Firefox on my desktop. All with the same result. I have cleared the cache on all devices as well.

Any ideas?

Edit:
On startup/refresh:

After changing the view and back:

I think I managed to fix that. Try version 0.3.

1 Like

Seems to have fixed it, thank you so much. Will try the other mod you have released yesterday as well.

Very cool upgrade to your previous card.

Is it possible to add custom emoji via unicode?

Ex:
#1f600 :grinning:

I’m seeing the same issue as @jimz011 did (not rendered to icon after switching views), even with 0.3 installed. Any idea what I can test?

Try clearing your cache, I even changed the version number in my lovelace config just to be sure. It is working for me now.

hi,
would the templating feature allow us to do this:

[[ binary_sensor.meteoalarm_brabant.attributes.awareness_level.split(';')[0] ]], which I need to filter out the state of that binary_sensor, which has this as attribute awareness_level:

{{states.binary_sensor.meteoalarm_brabant.attributes.awareness_level.split(';')[0]}} does the trick using regular Jinja templating, but this card has its own logic , and I couldn’t find an example using filters/pipes.
thanks for having a look

No, it wouldn’t.
I’d recommend making a template_sensor to extract that data - that way you can use it for automations and stuff as well.

ok, thanks for your swift reply! much appreciated.

you wouldn’t by any chance consider supporting true templating in the near future would you…?

Possibly, if I happen to stumble on a simple, safe and small way to do it.

I don’t want to just exec javascript code, because that’s unsafe.
I don’t want to import an external scripting library, because that would make the file size enormous.
I don’t want to implement it myself, because I will get it wrong.

So I’m kind of stuck…

3 Likes

yup, appreciated.
if it’s of any added value (you probably are fully aware being a Moderator…) the Button-card has nice JS templating support, and still controls where this is allowed.

Yeah, you were sort of right. My custom_updater said that it was up-to-date but I guess some coaching issue was the fault. Works perfect now!

Thank you!! This module is very useful!!

Thank you, this is very useful.

Any chance you could add the ability to change the text color? I know the mark down language doesn’t really support that, but it would be incredibly useful to have this ability.

Thanks again.