Massive problems....restore from snapshot not really working

I’ve had problems with my HA instance when a routine update went badly wrong so I’m trying to restore from a snapshot. (I have a recent one).

Basically what happens is when I press ‘restore from snapshot’ within a minute my instance goes offline and never comes back online. Eventually after waiting an hour and a half I pulled the plug and connected a keyboard and a monitor and restored power.

The front end came back up but only some of the restore has succeeded. Automations can be seen in developer tools but all of them say unavailable, the supervisor tab won’t load, many sensors are reinstated but not all, HACS is installed but none of my HACS integrations are restored, none of my supervisor add-ons are installed, etc etc etc

It’s a mess. Really confused what’s going wrong.

If I do “ha core logs” there’s shed loads of RED warnings about “invalid HTTP method” from web_protocol.py". I think this is because my normal (when things are working) HTTP protocol is HTTPS, but in this halfway house only HTTP seems to be working but things seem to be expecting HTTPS…

I can’t connect to SSH because the restore has failed to reinstate the SSH daemon…

Just confused why nothing is working as it should and would really welcome any help…!!

Do a clean install of ha, start with a new account. Set up samba from the addon store. Copy your backup to the new instance of ha, then restore the backup.

Thank you - sorry I should have been clearer - that’s exactly what I’ve tried and I’m still in this mess. How long should I be waiting for the restore process to complete?! It’s a Pi3B running the 64bit HA…is two hours+ normal?

EDIT I’m trying this again but this time via the CLI - seem to recall this helped once before (with a different Pi and a different HA altogether) when a GUI restore didn’t work…fingers crossed. So far it says “processing”…