Matter backups are going crazy

Hi All,

I just wanted to see if anyone else has this issue, since installing the Matter integration I currently have 5606 Matter backups! I am not sure if this is the right area to post this but any advice on how to debug this would be great. I am going to remove the add-on for now but will want to use Matter at some point soon so would like to be able to use it with out KO my HDD in a few weeks

You talk about the add-on and about the integration. Which is it?

Its the integration, I have not installed any add-on for matter it was installed though the devices and services → add integration. I mention add-on as you can see the backup is called “add-on” didnt mean to cause confusion

If you haven’t installed the addon, it is strange that your system is generating backups for it. Luckily they are small :slight_smile:

Also it would be interested to see what is inside them!

I have one that was not removed in the purge, just had a look, seems like a backup JSON config file and a copy of the bin i guess “core_matter_server.tar.gz”

Be interesting if your log could tell us what triggered all those backups to be created.

I have downloaded the full HA log and done a search for matter but not been able to find anything conclusive that points to why a backup was done