Matter power monitoring plug: on/off controls only?

I installed the Matter integration to test a Meross MSS315 smart plug, listed as having energy monitor feature, as an alternative to ZWave Aeotec smart plugs I already use.
Once installed, I only see the on/off command in the device and no other entities.
Could it be an issue (or choice) in the device to not expose usage monitoring data or is it because of Matter → only handling the basic stuff?
Looking for an answer, I found this post which does suggest Matter it is not there yet.
Can you educate me on the Matter objectives in the scope of Home Assistant?
I suppose I will continue to rely on ZWave for real sensors and devices.

1 Like

Matter does not yet support power monitoring, it was supposed to have arrived this autumn, but it did not. I suspect that’s the reason Belkin stepped away from matter for the time being. It will hopefully arrive in February / March with the next matter update.

1 Like

Any info here? I have the same… installed a matter plug but have only on/off button

1 Like

Still the same, Matter 1.2 does not support energy monitoring.

Hopefully CSA will release Matter 1.3 soon, and hopefully they will add support for energy monitoring in the specs.

I have bought some cheap Matter sockets from Aliexpress. They announced power measurement, but I also get only on/off switch in HA. They should be Matter v1 devices.

Now the question is, whether they do not support power measurement at all it only works with some proprietary hub.

If I understand it correctly, power measurement is not yet standardized by Matter, so it makes no sense to buy Matter devices with power measurement yet? Or is it only Matter Server, that does not support power measurement yet?

The current Matter specification (1.2) does not support power reporting. It is promised for version 1.3

Looking promising: