Matter & SkyConnect & Eve: Border Router required

Hey ho.

I am continuing to play around with my Eve Energy devices, trying to pair them to my SkyConnect. There is a thread (Adding Matter device (Eve Energy)) on doing that - but always via Apple Home, which never worked for me. Now I tried a different approach - migrating to Matter and then trying to pair directly via HomeAssistant and SkyConnect.

First of all - the thread integration correctly shows “Silicon Labs Multiprotocol” as border router within the thread integration.

When now trying to add the Matter device from either Android or iOS, I get an error message telling me that a Thread border router is required - but I have a thread border router, it is even shown in the Thread integration… If the device would not be found there is a different error message, so somehow it points a bit to the SkyConnect …

So now I am wondering - is this an issue which is bound to my SkyConnect (like broken hardware)? Or maybe someone else also has this and might even already have a solution? (Maybe it is also just because all of this is still beta, but still playing around with it is kind of funny :D)

Thank you so much
Matthias

I’m trying to patient with development of Matter on HA, but I’m having the same issue. Have you found a solution?

The following community thread came up with a work-around for this problem: