Mazda connected service

Hi @HWiese1980. I submitted a PR to add the binary sensors about a month ago. It is currently in review. Once it is merged, HVAC control will be next.

1 Like

@Fuglem I don’t think there are any issues with the device tracker. Can you describe the problem you are seeing?

There is no device tracker for the car. Only the other sensors. Was working good until the 2022.2 update. Have tried to remove and add it again, but still no device tracker.

The charge level + odometer did not update during charging (last 4 hours). When i force a refresh in the app on my phone, HA shows the updated values after 4 minutes. Is this a fluke or should i not rely on this data for automation (charge schedule) ?

I feel like MyMazda has been very unreliable regarding the actuality of the provided data. I don’t know if it’s suitable for automation.

1 Like

That’s strange. I don’t think there is anything in the code that would prevent the device tracker entity from being created. Are you sure the entity is not disabled? It should appear under the “Diagnostic” section on the device page.

I am planning to add a button entity that will refresh the vehicle data. This will have the same effect as refreshing the data in the phone app. It will only work for electric vehicles.

1 Like

Will have a closer look. HA-installation down at the moment, waiting for parts. But I will Keep you posted.

For those who are interested, I submitted a PR to add button entities to the Mazda integration. This includes the refresh button which should update the charge level for electric vehicles.

1 Like

Home Assistant 2022.4 was released today, and it includes several new features for the Mazda integration:

• Binary sensors for doors, trunk, hood, and plugged in/not plugged in.
  • Button entities for start engine, stop engine, turn on hazard lights, turn off hazard lights. Also, for electric vehicles, a button entity to refresh the vehicle status.
  • A switch entity to toggle charging for electric vehicles.

(All of the services are deprecated except for send_poi. Please use the button entities and switch entity instead.)

More info about the new features can be found in the documentation. I’d appreciate if anyone could test these new features (particularly the EV features since I don’t have an MX-30!) and let me know if they are working or if you have any issues.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed the integration just works for the CX-60. I ordered the CX-60 a few days after the global unveiling so when it comes around autumn time (fingers crossed) I will be able to give feedback

1 Like

Awesome! Once you get your car, it would be great if you could comment here to let us know if it’s working.

1 Like

everything works perfect on my MX-30, thanks for all the great work!

1 Like

hello people,
can someone help me to gett the tyre prssure from PSI to Bar?

i don’t know how to do. i use it wit MX30

Hi @gerbenz. In Home Assistant 2022.6 you will be able to change the unit of measurement for the tire pressure sensor entities. It will look like this:

1 Like

Can’t find the option

I’m not on the right version???

And where do i gett 6.2022

@gerbenz It’s not released yet. It will be released in June.

Ok thanks.
:+1:

Had an email from Mazda - the new car will be at the dealers in September :grin: can then let you know how it all goes for the integration from then

1 Like

I’ve been working on adding climate control to the integration, and I think I’ve got it working. For anyone who has an MX-30 (@Fuglem), I could use some help testing this feature. To test it, just download the below zip file and extract the mazda folder from the zip file into your custom_components folder. The custom_components folder should be located in the same folder as configuration.yaml. Then, restart HA and you should see the climate entity.

I’d appreciate any feedback you can provide! The front and rear defrosters can be controlled using the presets on the climate entity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6ku9rz2ei62d8x/MazdaClimateTest2.zip?dl=1